Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mark_st

Making Backup CD

I tried Nero and Roxio, but have not been able to make a backup copy of this game. As expensive as it is, I surely would like a backup. Anyway been able to do this.. Also is there a patch or something else where I dont have to leave disk 1 in the drive...

The game probably has CD-copy protection to prevent piracy. No CD cracks are illegal and illegal stuff isn't allowed here.

copy the CD in raw mode... it is not illegal to make a copy for your own backup purposes.
Honestly though, if you even treat your CDs half decently, the chemicals on the CD should wear before anything else happens to it. (and that is many years)
please close this thread.

but a bad cd or dvd lector can drive the cd... :( it happened to me.... i lost original Alone in the Dark Cd in this way...

Stealing is wrong. Everybody likes backup cds. You'll make a backup cd, and all your friends are going to want a backup cd. By all means, go ahead, just keep that sort of stuff away from this forum. The admin doesn't like cheap bastards who steal.

I Bought the game and use a NoCD. Not illegal but if you intend of using them for burned games then you are a bad person. But if you want to preserve your cds then this is a good alternative if your legit.

The game uses Safe-Disc copy protection. While it is not illegal to make yourself one back-up copy, this luxury has been largely removed due to the need to protect against piracy (not that it works, but that's another story). IT's no impossible to make a copy, but it can be hard.

Closing this topic to stem the warez/cracks discussion.