Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Disorder

Blazeboard/vBulletinBoard/Other -- What should I pick?

This is funny. I work at a small designing-company (I get to design websites and stuff). And lately I've been working on a babyportal (cute). The site is almost finished now, but there's just one thing left to do. We need a forum.

So I got permission to surf around to take a look at some forums, and ofcourse I went to take a look at doomworld (Gee, what a coincidence). So I told my boss to take a look at it. And.. He liked it!
Now there's just one thing left for me to do. I have to convince him to choose Blazeboard for the simple reason that I'm used to the software. And so it would be easier for me to work with Blazeboard. He wanted to write one himself in PHP. But that's a crapload of work. Another option for him is to buy a vBulletin-board.

So, which one is better? --> Blazeboard/Vbulletin boards/Other...

Well, Blazeboard seems easier to use, but it is easier to do things you're not supposed to do in *coughcough*...

BlazeBoard has quite a few bugs and quirks. I'd look into one of the other ones first.

1) Does anyone prefer to use infopop here?

2) Did Ling acutally have to pay for the service provided by blazeboard?

He didn't pay for this. I think they may charge when/if they have a later version.

This is beta, you shouldn't pay for it.

There's a lot of bugs here, but I guess there won't be any admin forum or Post Hell or secret projects forums there, so I guess it's fine.

Lemme see...

# You can reply to locked threads.

# You can post polls in unauthorized forums.

# You can post in non-replyable forums (Post Hell).

# You can avoid password-protected forums.

# You can chase someone into the invisible forums with Who's Online.

Now, if this forum's for fathers and baby-related questions, I guess either you don't need secret stuff or the members behave like adults. :)

Lemme see...

# Bugs List

You can't edit post subjects either. I've tried to change a few subject lines but I can't even type them in. If you edit a New Topic post, the title has words like "an" or "the" or "or" removed from the topic line, as well as caps removed, although the original post title remains uneffected.

I've tried installing one of those freebie bulletin boards (like Blazeboard) and had a Hell of a time doing it. Never worked.

The most stable I've seen is UBB but it costs mucho dinero.