Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
SoM

EE For Me

Quasar has updated the Team Eternity Page with news that the release of version 3.31 Delta (only 20 greek letters left, Quasar) has been delayed due to a bug. Quasar also mentions that there have been precious few beta testers and he requests that more come forth to help ensure a solid release.

Edit: The latest builds are linked to on the eternity page for anyone who is interested in helping out.

Oh gn0s, a bug! Well, hopefully more people will decide to help out. Hell, quas, send me links to the latest build and let me at 'em.

SoM: Thanks for gettin' this news item up ^_^

BBG: Go to the Eternity page. Links to all files are there.

Everybody: Be sure to check out the thread in the forum too. That's the best place to report bugs. I don't check my email nearly as often as I read DW forums.

Quasar said:
I don't check my email nearly as often as I read DW forums.

Guess that's why I'm waiting for the past couple of days for a reply :)

Is there anything specific to look out for? I can test with Doom/Boom maps and demos but don't have anything to test the new features.

Just anything out of the ordinary. I realize that testing new features is a problem for the non-editors. Maybe you could see if Mordeth could send you some test maps -- surely you have some, right Mordeth?? ;)

Quasar said:
Maybe you could see if Mordeth could send you some test maps -- surely you have some, right Mordeth?? ;)

Actually there are two small test levels to be found in the EE forum, showing off the 3DMidTex bug and a 'special case' anchored portal sprite bug SOM claims to have fixed already. These can be used to test those specific bugfixes against Delta.

Other than that, I usually test things out by just implementing them in my real (non-test) levels until it breaks something :)

Mordeth said:

Other than that, I usually test things out by just implementing them in my real (non-test) levels until it breaks something :)

Reminds me of when I were working on Nimrod.. :p