Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Da meen green dude!

Visual Problems!!!

Whenever i start my Doom 3 game i hear it (id heart pumping logo) but i cant see anything. Then a box pops up saying:
Microsoft Visual C++Runtime Library

Run Time Error!

Program:C:\Program Files\Doom 3\doom3. exe
Abnormal Programme Termination.

I then just press enter and it goes of, I`ve tried again to many times but the same keeps happening...Plz plz help...

Are you running on Windows XP, 2000, or NT? If not, you're going to have some issues. What graphic card do you have? How much memory? What is your processor speed? Do you like cheese?

Alrighty. 128mb of ram is not enough to run Doom3. a "3d card" is too vague to really know what you're talking about, but since your computer came with 128mb of ram one could assume it's not good. You can have part of your harddrive fail though, they're called "bad sectors" No data can be written, moved, or sometimes even read from them, but if you defragment the drive, Windows will move your files away from them.

Get a new hard drive.
Get at least 512 MB of RAM
Get a new video card (I'm assuming that it came with the computer, which seems a year or so old)

I run doom3 with 256mb ram perfectly fin thankyouverymuch

and why would he need a new Harddrive?

to begin with he should check his system specs. For instance, is it by any chance a d3d card he's running with?

With a computer that old, he's going to need more than 256, because chances are he's running on PC133. More ram = less swapping in and out = less lag. He needs a new harddrive because he has bad sectors. And HIS computer isn't YOURS. It could run a whole lot worse than you think on a computer not optimized as yours could be.