Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
SyntherAugustus

Video Game Revolution Documentry on PBS

If you guys have PBS (like I do, heh), you'll be able to watch a documentry about the history of games, blah de blah.

The two hour documentary, named The Video Game Revolution, includes interviews with noted game creators including Ralph Baer, Shigeru Miyamoto, Jason Rubin, Will Wright, Chris Taylor , and Peter Molyneux, and the official website for the documentary includes a listing of local PBS airing times. The site further explains that the documentary "examines the evolution and history of the video game industry, from the 1950s through today, the impact of video games on society and culture, and the future of electronic gaming."

http://www.pbs.org/kcts/videogamerevolution/index.html

This is going to be a fun watch.

I wonder if this is going to be anything like the one on the History Channel a year ago - now THAT was informative. They covered all their bases, from Ralph Baer, Atari, and Nintendo, to Commodore, Sinclair, and Amstrad.

Now that's a rare pic of DooM art right there. Speaking of DooM, I'd guess it was one of the only givens on the list.

EDIT: Where the fuck is Wolf3D?

Darkhaven said:

EDIT: Where the fuck is Wolf3D?

Perhaps they were uneasy about referencing/showing a game with Nazis in it?

Looks interesting, I'll have to check this out.

It seems I only got 12/16 in the sound FX quiz. Damn my broke-ass parents for not buying me more games!!!

Oh wait-- I had a Commodore64. My dad would bring home piles of pirated software for it, and instead of mainstream games I usually found obscure stuff like "KKK Adventure", "Strip Poker" and "Fuck Quest". Yeah, my parents are forgiven.

PBS? The programming is of two ratings. The show's really good, or the show fucking sucks. Never in between.

POTGIESSER said:

PBS? The programming is of two ratings. The show's really good, or the show fucking sucks. Never in between.

Bingo.

The new Red Green Show is awesome. Most everything else sucks except maybe Reading Rainbow.

ravage said:

Most everything else sucks except maybe Reading Rainbow.

Don't forget Mr. Roger's Neighborhood. That dude is HARDCORE.

I saw it, the only thing I saw wrong was they said zelda 2 was the launch title for the SNES. wtf

Isle said:

I saw it, the only thing I saw wrong was they said zelda 2 was the launch title for the SNES. wtf

Yeah I noticed that. They showed screenshots of the second Zelda, but they didn't really "say" that exactly though. They said something like a "new Zelda sequel" was the launch title, which isn't true either.

Also, another interesting note: Sid Meier's mouth doesn't move much when he talks.