Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Doom 3 Beta Patch

I just installed this patch, and it keeps asking for disc 1 over and over again (yes doom 3 disk 1 is indeed in the proper drive and the drive works fine).

If anyone encounters this and/or knows how to remedy this, plz to share thanks.

00:12 < Bloodshedder> um...
00:13 < Bloodshedder> "The ironing is killing me"?
00:13 < Bloodshedder> surely you meant irony?

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
hey wasn't Shacknews the site that spearheaded an effort to stop companies from releasing files to certain file download sites on an exclusive basis? The ironing is killing me
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Actually, that's not quite right. The Shacknews staff had a problem with exclusive DEMOS. The reasoning was that your demo is supposed to show off your game to a maximum number of people. Restricting the distribution of a DEMO by making it exclusive is what makes no sense.

There's nothing wrong with exclusive betas, such as the ones often offered on Fileplanet. These require a smaller testing group and it makes sense to release them to a limited number of people first.

They should make the whole episode a demo and add 2 more episodes to the retail version. You know, back to their roots.

On the subject of "ironing".

BILL BRASKY!!!!
He hates Mexicans...And he's half Mexican!!!!
And he hates irony.

AirRaid said:

Woo. 3 Level demo is pretty sweet, considering the size of the levels in the game.

Unless the "3 levels" simply consists of the pre- and post-invasion versions of the first area & Mars City Underground.

Epistax said:

On the subject of "ironing".

BILL BRASKY!!!!
He hates Mexicans...And he's half Mexican!!!!
And he hates irony.

And he's half iron?

does anyone know if they fixed the bug where certain guis wouldnt display properly until you move your mouse directly on them? I keep having this problem in lights out... it might be a Radeon specific bug

I wonder if they fixed the bug where it won't start up due to certain legal software running on the host machine... </cynicism>

KCat said:

I wonder if they fixed the bug where it won't start up due to certain legal software running on the host machine...

That's not a bug, that's a feature.

NiGHTMARE said:

Unless the "3 levels" simply consists of the pre- and post-invasion versions of the first area & Mars City Underground.

That's most likely what they'll include. The later levels could contain spoilers, and will ********ly contain big bad monsters, too difficult for a demo.

Although it'd be cool if they included the Enpro map :p

Heh it broke my doom 3, so I copy pasted the doom3.exe on my cd back to my doom 3 directory, and now when I pick up shotgun ammo it says weird numbers instead of shotgun ammo. Woohoo! I'll wait for the real patch.