Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SuCCeSSoR

Are there more video's of "Mesh" playing Doom3?

What a wuss.... Doom 3 wasn't THAT scary.

I mean...wow...he starts to cry. Oh well, I guess different people are scared of different things. His way of playing the game makes it seem more realistic as to how the marine would move about the base.

Edit: It is funny though :D

That guy has got some serious issues... but you're right - it it pretty danged funny! :D

Maybe he was forced to play Doom in the dark as a child and has traumatic memories? Yeah... right... :p

Speaking of doom videos, does anybody have teh avis of the Quakeworld games, i know doom3 doesnt currently support demos but i also know some were broacasted so... yeah

That is great, classic videos. I feel bad for the guy, he's obviously adept at FPS games, this is the first really scary one. Really scarry. I just can't wait until he gets to the end of Delta and actually goes to hell. The blood, fire, brimstone, and Hell Knights are freaking great and will provoke great emotion from our old Meshy.

to be honest, I think that mesh gets too easily scared because HE TALKS TOO MUCH!
common guys.. he's that distracted talking to his friend who is doing a video of him and not thinking what it could happen. I always save, run like mad, shot everything and then reload the last saved game, its slow... but you dont get killed that easily ;)

Namco said:

That is great, classic videos. I feel bad for the guy, he's obviously adept at FPS games, this is the first really scary one. Really scarry. I just can't wait until he gets to the end of Delta and actually goes to hell. The blood, fire, brimstone, and Hell Knights are freaking great and will provoke great emotion from our old Meshy.

he could do very good of a "scared civilizian" in the doom movie, but of course.. the director should NOT tell he's in the movie so he does these more than realistic scared faces lol :P

Namco said:

I just can't wait until he gets to the end of Delta and actually goes to hell. The blood, fire, brimstone, and Hell Knights are freaking great and will provoke great emotion from our old Meshy.

If he does then hes completely faking it. Doom3 was scary for the first 8 hours or so, after that it was just the SAME old cheap scare tactics used OVER AND OVER AND OVER

It looks like hes faking it already

Wobbo said:

If he does then hes completely faking it. Doom3 was scary for the first 8 hours or so, after that it was just the SAME old cheap scare tactics used OVER AND OVER AND OVER

Some people are more afraid of some things than others. He might just be really easy to scare, it doesn't look like he was faking it...I've seen people play games like that before.

But I do have to give him some credit for playing D3 in the dark. Even I haven't done that...(but I will :D)

S1lent said:

But I do have to give him some credit for playing D3 in the dark. Even I haven't done that...(but I will :D)

I couldn't stand NOT to play DooM 3 in the dark! I hate any and all sorts of glare or distractions. Hell, I put a thick blanket over my window (on top of having blinds and a curtain) just so I could play in total darkness.

I was also living completely alone at the time. :D

And I agree, D3 wasn't THAT scary but it sure did have a great spooky atmosphere. Though the Shalebridge Cradle mission in Thief 3 was far more scary and psychologically manipulative. I think that mission alone would cause Mesh to have a heart attack and die.

Though I do give him credit to allowing himself to be filmed and not resorting to the duct tape mod like so many wusses have. :D

That last video's ending was homo-riffic.

Anyway, you have to play it in the dark to get the full survival-horror effect. Same thing with Alone in the Dark, Silent Hill, and Resident Evil 2, definitely best played in the dark.

Wobbo said:

Maybe, he made mesh skip some of the levels to get to the good stuff

FlexGalaxy said:

Maybe, he made mesh skip some of the levels to get to the good stuff

I think he might have.

But he is right. Doom 3 is WAAAAAAY to predictable. Something happens once, it makes you jump, but then they use it over and over and over and over and over and over again for 27 or 28 levels.

Sometimes if you scream on purpose, it actually does get scarier and you'll start doing it automatically.