Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Melfice

[NIN] Nothing Records gone, Trent in a rolling van.

It's been rumored for a while that Trent was going to end up closing Nothing Studios, and it's finally happened.

If you go to the 'Current' section on the website and click the pic by the update, a thing will pop up showing you the van (it's javascript, or I'd just do it here).

I suppose the only good news out of all of this is that the record is in "the final phase."

spank said:

Not Records, Studios!

Trent is the creator/owner of Nothing Studios, which is the home of Nothing Records, I believe.

Well if he did close the label, I wonder where Manson and Clint Mansel are going to go.

Right, they're probably not rich enough to fend for themselves or anything.

I live in Arizona.

Where is this "out west" that Reznor is going to?

Ultraviolet said:

Right, they're probably not rich enough to fend for themselves or anything.

I live in Arizona.

Where is this "out west" that Reznor is going to?

He has another studio and home in LA, so more than likely, that's where he's heading.

Quast said:

Manson made his own damn studio some time back. Posthuman records IIRC

Posthuman was shut down sometime ago; Manson had only signed a couple of bands, including Godhead (they did that cover of 'Eleanor Rigby').

Slightly off topic, but what did people think of Manson's cover of Depech Mode's 'Personal Jesus'?

I liked Personal Jesus, alot. I actually liked it way better than anything off of Golden Age, that's for sure. The video is the best video in a while, too.

He even sent it to me, thats how good it is, it resulted in the original (by Depeche Mode) being stuck in my head for literally minutes afterwards

deathbringer said:

it resulted in the original (by Depeche Mode) being stuck in my head for literally minutes afterwards

I've got the same problem. At least it's better than that shitfest called 'Tainted Love'. Gimme Skinny Puppy or My Ruin's version any day.

What? Skinny Puppy did a version of tainted love?

Anyway, Manson needs to stop covering people and try to concentrate on brining his music back to the level it was on in 1996. Seriously, think about all the cover's he's done:

Personal Jesus, by Depressed Mode
Tainted Love, by that one band
I Put a Spell on You, by that one crazy guy who had 80 children
Sweet Dreams, by The Eurythmics
Metal, by Gary Numan
Down in the Park, by Gary Numan
Are Friends Electric? (I think), by Gary Numan
Probably some other songs by Gary Numan
Not to mention all the references to The Beatles he makes in every other song

And yeah, probably some other stuff.

Danarchy said:

And yeah, probably some other stuff.

heh
rock & roll nigger - patti smith
son of sam - black sabbath
plus the willy wonka song

Son of Sam? Must be from one of Sabbath's later albums, cause I've never heard of it. Why anyone would want to cover that crap, I know not.

You missed 'Like a Virgin' as well. Anyway, I thought Metal was covered by NIN (off 'Things Falling Apart')?

Spike said:

You missed 'Like a Virgin' as well. Anyway, I thought Metal was covered by NIN (off 'Things Falling Apart')?

Yeah, nin covered it as well. I haven't heard the Manson version but I'm sure the nin version is a lot better, anyway.

His Personal Jesus cover is a completely unimaginative regurgitation of the original in my opinion. A little more distortion on everything and some modernisation of the sound, and it's ready to be pumped out under a brand name even the most musically ignorant will recognise.

Also Highway to Hell by AC/DC. I never particularly enjoyed the original, but after hearing the Manson version I have a whole new respect for AC/DC, if only in reference to how bad each radio hit could possibly be covered.

Spike said:

I've got the same problem. At least it's better than that shitfest called 'Tainted Love'. Gimme Skinny Puppy or My Ruin's version any day.

Are you sure about the Skinny Puppy version? I couldn't find a reference to it on Litany... Are you sure you're not confusing this with Coil's cover?

toxicfluff said:

His Personal Jesus cover is a completely unimaginative regurgitation of the original in my opinion. A little more distortion on everything and some modernisation of the sound, and it's ready to be pumped out under a brand name even the most musically ignorant will recognise.

You may also note, that it was a cover, not a remix, which would explain alot of that.