Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Melfice

Resident Evil: Apocalypse (Possible Spoilers Within)

Did you like RE: Apocalypse?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like RE: Apocalypse?

• Yes
    • No

I just came back from seeing it at our theater, and I think it's an excellent movie. Plenty of action, some humor (though not enough to make you question the movie genre), and a twist from the game's storyline. I can't say I expected the ending.

I'm not gonna give anything away personally, but I saved the trouble of the mods having to possibly re-title it later to say "Possible Spoilers" once movie discussion begins.

Anyway, some specific points to note, myself:

- I liked how they did Nemesis. Very excellent in how they created him for the movie.
- A lot more action than the first movie, which made it alot more enjoyable to me than the first one (It's like the original Matrix vs. the sequels where action is concerned).
- I personally feel that RE: Apocalypse has risen above the curse of past game-to-cinema movies in that usually having any sequels made suck.
- There will most definitely be a third one, and I hope it's as awesome as Apocalypse.

and a final point: If they can do as good of a job making Resident Evil: Apocalypse follow the game pretty well (minus the ending) and do a good job with the movie in general, I'm confident that the Doom 3 movie will be just as good, if not better. This movie has definitely stepped up to the plate and beat the shit out of people with a baseball bat that say that all game-to-cinema movies suck.

Sounds good,i'm probably gonna go see it when it comes out in the UK, especially after this recommendation, as well as the fact that i enjoyed the first.

I gonna see it too, I saw the first one last night on SciFi. It was totally setup for the sequel. I was amazed at how much nastiness they showed on SciFi.

Anyone remember that part early in the first movie where the guy gets diced up by the lasers? They ripped off that same effect from a movie called Cube(a movie that any self-respecting weirdo should go out and see NOW). And for some reason, it wasn't pulled off as well the second time around.

Numbermind said:

Anyone remember that part early in the first movie where the guy gets diced up by the lasers? They ripped off that same effect from a movie called Cube(a movie that any self-respecting weirdo should go out and see NOW). And for some reason, it wasn't pulled off as well the second time around.

That's the movie with the guy that gets off the dead chicks, right?

I'm also eagerly looking forward to seeing RE: Apocalpyse, though I can't seem to find a UK release date anywhere.

BTW has anyone played the creature maker game on re2.com (in the laboratory section). It's oddly addictive :).

Numbermind said:

I couldn't tell you where, but I saw that effect in a movie long before Cube came along.

Numbermind said:

EDIT: Oddly enough, the theme song from Cube is a ripoff of NIN's "Closer" remix featured in the movie "Seven".

The film Wishcraft also features theme music that sounds suspiciously similar to the Closer remix. Not just the music in fact, the entire title sequence is a rip-off of the one from Seven. Push, Nevada's theme music was eerily similar too, though it showed some originality.

Yeah Cube did that effect a thousand times better than RE1, which was so unforgiveably shitladen that there is no way I'm paying 10 bucks for part2. I'll probably rent it when it's 2 bucks, it's not even worth the effort to download.

I liked it, not only the movie itself, but the trailers before it. When I was on my way to go see it with friends I was thinking, "Well, this is the last movie I'm going to want to see for awhile," then I see trailers for Shaun of the Dead, Team America; there was one other, but I forget the name of it. They looked awesome, so I'll be seeing those soon.

The movie itself was good, but nothing special. It was better than the first RE movie, action-wise, though the camra was too shakey in some scenes, which I don't like.

I'd recommend it over any of the other movies in theaters at this time.

It was alright. I found the actress who played Jill to be irritating in the extreme, but it may have merely been the dialogue she was given.

i just saw it. mainly because i was "kicked out" of the house for a few hours. well i was surprised. i never realized how much a Doom III hell knigh resembles the nemisis. however lots of actions and some stuff blow up. not to mention explodeing zombies. shaun of the dead looks great i am gonna check out that movie.

That "white noise" movie reminded me of Silent Hill meets "6 sence"

I saw just this movie on Friday at a shit theatre so cost me only $6.50CDN as opposed to $15.00 at a premium theatre with the killer sound system, and the insanely overpriced KFC, Taco Bell, and Pizza Hut as concessions. And when I say insane I mean insane!!!! Anyways, I'm glad I saw it at the ghetto shit theatre. I actually liked it more than the first movie. The CGI used in the second one was used sparingly, and alot more convincingly. The Tequila and doobie factor probably also increased my enjoyment factor of the movie, but it was decent adaptation of the video game universe it portrayed. The third one however, I believe won't be a very good film.

SPOILER STUFF:

The approach on the nemisis was really cool too. The hud used had a striking resemblance to that of none other than Doom3. The Nemesis even resembled that Big nasty DoomIII bastard for lack of a better term. It was cool being able to keep track of how much ammunition the nemesis had. I liked the black dude who had all the funny one liners and kept sayin "Muthafucka" His Ghetto styles brought some strange infectious humor to lighten some stuff up. It's also pretty fucked up when that dude salutes and gets bitten by those scary ass dogs.

End of blurbing.

Oh yeah, I saw the movie too, on Tuesday.

The only gripe I had (and it was a minor one, given the movie) was that there was next to zero character development. The rest of it however, played pretty faithful to the video games, and I thought it was done not too badly at all.

A lot of scenes are taken from the games but modified, which made it really awesome. The movie really kicked ass. 9/10

Psyonisis said:

Ah, well. At least she was smoking hot.

Having done quite a bit of acting, both theatre and film I usually get incredibly bothered by shit performances. However I was too busy thinking about how attractive she was to really give a shit. That's probably what the casting director thought as well.

I thought the first movie was about making one of the biggest money losing films of all time...

the Actress who played Alice is a favorite of a firend. i dont see why, she is too skinny and has almost no boobs. i remeber the fith element.

Mmmkay right. The movie would have been far cooler had it followed, even remotely, the games that it was based on. Instead, some Hollywood asshole had to get creative and try to fix something that wasn't broken. Anyway, if you look at it from an unbiased pov then it's pretty good. But if you loved the games and expected to see them represented in the movie, don't bother. Since when did the badass Nemesis start being pussy whipped? Not in the game, that's for sure.

Windowpain said:

Mmmkay right. The movie would have been far cooler had it followed, even remotely, the games that it was based on

It did. Many of the situations are easy to recognize where the idea came from if you have played all the games and read some of the novels by S.D. Perry. The graveyard from RE : CV, the helicopter shooting at Alice was very similiar to the intro to CV as well. The Nemesis behaved just as it was supposed to in RE 3's story (soley to kill stars and things attacking it, not people that posed no threat). Carlos at the hostpital was also from RE 3.

Many scenes were also straight out of RE3. Such as Jill listening to the radio reports and the closup of the police helmet on the ground.

I can understand why the writers decided to add a different perspective in the films (Alice). I find it a commendable effort.

BBG said:

It did. Many of the situations are easy to recognize where the idea came from if you have played all the games and read some of the novels by S.D. Perry. The graveyard from RE : CV, the helicopter shooting at Alice was very similiar to the intro to CV as well. The Nemesis behaved just as it was supposed to in RE 3's story (soley to kill stars and things attacking it, not people that posed no threat). Carlos at the hostpital was also from RE 3.

In the game, Nemesis killed STARS because they knew the truth about Umbrella. In the movie, Nemesis killed STARS because they were well trained and were good target practice. In the game, Carlos was betrayed by Nickolai(SP ?), who was in with Umbrella's plans. In teh movie Nickolai hardly played any role at all. Yes, maybe the movie had elements of the game but it did not follow the plot, except for the nuclear explosion. The books did a FAR better job of combining elements from the games.

Rellik said:

I thought the first movie was about making one of the biggest money losing films of all time...

Erm, how'd you work that one out exactly? It cost $35 million to make and took in $102.4 million. I'd hardly call a movie with a profit equivalent to almost three times the cost "one of the biggest money losing films of all time".

Let's face it, in Hollywood if a movie makes a loss (even a tiny one), you don't produce a sequel to it. Especially not a sequel with an increased budget (Apocalypse cost around $50 million).