Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ReX

Phobos Revisited available for download

Phobos Revisited is:

1. A complete Episode 1 replacement
    2. Developed for DooM I, and is fully compatible with doom.exe
    3. Designed to evoke nostalgia
    4. A map-set that keeps the feel of the original while making the gameplay more challenging and the architecture more detailed.
More information and pictures available at DooM NeXus.

Good job, nice levels. Overuse of switches i think (stops the original nice gameplay)
I know you did without much detail, but maybe can you make a v.2 with more detail?

Anyways, its nice to return to Phobos :)

Alright, I gave it a very thorough playing last night, and I must say it's very well done. Very E1-ish (in places) and all the maps reminded me heavily of the levels they were replacing. Good Job :)
Now, there were some things I'd change or whatever but since it's already uploaded to the archives I suppose it's a bit late for that, heh.
For one thing, I noticed you used a lot of metal and shawn2 and such in your E1 replacer. This is not necessarily a bad thing, as E1 doesn't have a very wide selection of textures and flats, but at times it felt as though I were playing an E2 replacer rather than an E1 replacer. I guess it's just me, but that's what it felt like at times. Also, I got lost rather often in the later maps and that took some fun out of this mapset. Wandering around looking for a switch to lower a pillar with a key on it isn't necessarily a bad thing but wandering around looking for the switch itself sucks if you can't find it in less than 10 minutes or so.
Other than that, pretty solid stuff. I'd like to see another E1 map from you, but this time using ONLY E1 textures and flats!

Fully at work on my Legacy version of "Vile Flesh" (from Gwyn Williams), I didn't have the time to play it entirely for now, but I tried the first map, just to have the pleasure to play a Rex's map!!!
Of course, like usually with Rex, it's obviously a very well done megawad, and I can't wait to discover the 8 other levels.
That said, I highly suggest the use of "ZenNode v1.2.1" to get rid of those hideous badly builded nodes when you're using an OpenGl port like Doom Legacy:

http://www.mrousseau.org/programs/ZenNode/archives/zennode-1.2.1.zip

Hmmm... Let me have a dream: the implementation of OpenGl stuff...Woahhh!!!

Merci for this gift, Rex!

Well, it is a pretty good wad. It does seem like a little too much of a copy of the original E1 for my taste, but it is worth downloading.