Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Opulent

DSDA / TAS demosite updates.

The DSDA and TAS sites are updated with.. um, demos. :)
DSDA -- http://www.doomworld.com/sda/doom_sda.htm
TAS -- http://www.doomworld.com/sda/tas_dsda.htm

Lots of action by Grazza (from this board actually) this time around. Although there is quite a varied mix of demos by Grazza (and most are worth your time for sure), the real highlights in this update are Ragnew blasting through Zarcyb's quality Tremor map and Altima's action-filled slaughter maxdemo on Hr2 Map32.

TAS has new demos by Vile, Grazza, and a special Iwad demo by Ronge that you shouldn't miss.

Lastly, I have compiled what I think is a complete listing of all the players at the DSDA on this page: http://www.doomworld.com/sda/players/players.htm
Here http://www.doomworld.com/sda/players/template.htm is a template that you can follow if desired... remember the page is YOURS, so you can have whatever you wish on there (within Telefragged legal guidelines).
I suppose someone needs to be brave and go first...

Hehe, you had me wondering briefly about that TAS contribution because I thought the SDA already updated with it. It was the TAS site though...

Interesting contribution by Casey, since he has hardly shown up on IRC and not at all on the Compet-N FTP, so seeing him in action again is surprising (despite the month old timestamp on those files).

On a misc. note.... curiously enough, Rich Sham hasn't posted for about half a year now. I wonder if he's alright, considering his age.

I hope Rich is doing well. He only plays for fun... shows great support for other people's projects. We need another Bndaly map to bring those guys around again... :)

Vile said:

On a misc. note.... curiously enough, Rich Sham hasn't posted for about half a year now. I wonder if he's alright, considering his age.

He's mentioned here as having recorded a demo on Reanimated, a map released in June. He has visited DW recently too, but just not posted. It would be nice to hear from him directly though.

I'm sad: there's no demos from me in that update. There'll definitely be some in the next one though...

Anyway, off to watch HR232.

Awesome! Simply awesome... I love updates. That H232 ruled, BTW. It's very fast, okay, so it's slower than Vile -- because Vile's from another planet :-) -- but still very impressive.

EDIT: Oh, and Drew... Casey did make a submission to the COMPET-N (though a while back, July 31st). :-/

ok, i'll have a go at the template despite only ever doing about 4 demos, heh. oh and op. your "keybinding" comment line makes no sense at all, it's just a list of keys!

cycloid said:

oh and op. your "keybinding" comment line makes no sense at all, it's just a list of keys!

it was taken from my Compet-n profile. it is WASD for me. (I use the four bottom-left keys (sans Win95key) for movement)
thanks for the profile.

Nice update! Time to stare at Doom for a while. Would love to see some Nilla demos though... ;)

yep, I already made a h232 speedrun on that route, though I grabbed the invuln too. The time was somewhere around :29 I think.

Hello. :)

For the most part I am doing fine. I do appreciate the interest and thank those who inquired about me.

Best regards,

Rich

Angus Thermopyle said:

I have a look at it.

Thanks, your demos are sweet!!

hey, just gonna dump my info in this thread because i'm Very Lazy (tm). following the profile:

name and alias - AdamW
live - Vancouver, B.C., Canada
born - feb 22, 1982
employer - shaw cable
hobbies / sports - eh, nothing worth nothing
homepage / email - no homepage, adam.williamson1 AT btinternet.com for email
computer specs - Athlon XP-M 2500+ @ 2.28GHz, 512MB RAM, 160GB hd, nforce2 mobo, geforce4mx graphics. displays on an RCA 27" TV. also my trusty old sony vaio C1** (same as US model C1XS) laptop.
doom config - W A S D ctrl space. circa 1995. :) mice i've used over the years - random OEM POS, serial and ps/2 versions of the classic Microsoft Intellimouse, version 1 Intellimouse Explorer, and Logitech MX700 wireless optical. Currently I'm using a cheapass Logitech optical wired mouse, haven't recorded anything with it yet.
size of Doom directory on your hard drive - eesh. about 2 gigs, I think.
favourite Doom maps - all of episode 1, e2m3, e2m6, e2m7, e3m2, e3m9, e4m2, map02, map11, map14, map22, probably some others i forgot about. pwads, too many to name.
favourite demos - anything at all by sedlo or ocelot. most things by adamh, particularly map07. most things by Vile, particularly pacifist runs. long, hard runs by Chris Ratcliff - his keyboard style is unique.
favourite executables to use - original .exes for playing, baby. prboom for watching in hi-res.
achievements: maps - one complete 32-map deathmatch megawad, 10 levels of another, mm2 map06, requiem map29, hacx map...er...was it 08? rejected mordeth ep2 map WHICH I STILL THINK WAS GOOD (;>). demos - ep1-0511, e1m5-055, n1m5-104, e1m6-057, p3m1, p3m9, lv02-040, pa04, pp31. those are the ones that come to mind. irc scandals: none. usenet scandals: xoleras partisan in the notorious xoleras / merlock wars of oh, so long ago...
other games: what does this mean? have I done anything noteworthy for other games? not really. i was very good at quake rally. does that count?

do I play doom more than any other game? - over time? hell yes. right now? no. right now I'm playing square RPGs - I'm in the middle of Chrono Cross.
multiplayer doom - yup. i played on the UK BBSes while they were still active, played csdoom for a while, and had some excellent battles over the internet with slagdoom. which I won. HAHA!
when did I start playing doom? december, 1993.
do i make maps? - not any more, but see above.
doom3? - don't have the graphics card for it yet. will be playing it when the geforce 6600GT hits the streets, though.
favourite monster? - pinky. most hated monster? - sergeant.
music i like - oh, way too much to list. i have a 30GB neuros of legally owned music. radiohead, nirvana, ani difranco, the delgados, jeff buckley, mercury rev, skunk anansie, melissa etheridge, madonna, nine inch nails, i'd better stop now.
movies i like - best movie ever: After Life, directed by kore-eda hirokazu. anything directed by hayao miyazaki (particularly spirited away) or shunji iwai (particularly swallowtail butterfly and all about lily chou-chou). star wars. full metal jacket. finding nemo. amelie. in the mood for love. die hard. er, i'd better stop here too.
girl / guy who lights my fire - my boyfriend.
current type of internet connection - shaw broadband. 3mbits/sec, baby!

er, i'm done.

cool. (getting it via email provides authentication as well)
I didn't know you lived in CA.
I like that 'name and alias - AdamW' hehe