Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
maggot

flaming zombies

i finnished doom3 on the easy setting and didnt come accross any flaming zombies like the ones shown on game spot. i was wondering if its the easy setting.

if i play on harder settings are there more varities of creatures ???

I never played on the lowest setting, but I can assure you that flaming zombies exist on the higher ones.

maggot said:

I'm sure you lose some variety when playing on the lowest difficulty. However, on Marine difficulty, you see all the enemies. On any difficulty above that you simply encounter far more of the same old.

I saw two flaming zombies throughout the game i believe. And remember, all monsters/demons are not in game. Some were just concept art.

maggot said:

i finnished doom3 on the easy setting and didnt come accross any flaming zombies like the ones shown on game spot. i was wondering if its the easy setting.

I played through the game on Easy and I came across 2 flaming zombies and 2 chainsaw zombies. All the rest were UAC workers or ZSec (I think it their name).

i did come across a couple zombies with chain saws.

i was wondering perhaps i killed the flaming zombies but didnt know that.

i mean there were a few rooms i just shot at what ever moved. you know shoot first ask questions later.

There are, IIRC, 3 Flaming zombies on Marine difficulty. And no more that I can tell on Nightmare. I find it hard to believe that they removed it entirely in the lowest difficuly, so maybe you missed them.

In other news, there are far more than 2 chainsaw zombies in the game. There are 3 right when you get the chainsaw, for a start.

Flaming zombies (marine difficulty)

1. Mars City, slightly after passing the Infirmary
2. Delta Labs 2b
3. Delta Labs again after going through Hell I think. (?)

maggot said:

You probably killed it before you noticed it was fiery, or you have some crappy Japanese version of the game where the "Burnie zombies" were cut because seeing a fiery guy means bad luck in Japan (or so I'm making up - if you're Japanese and are reading this, please don't take offense, because it's only a silly joke).

I played D3 on Recruit difficulty when it first came out here and I distinctly remember seeing "burnie" more than once.
He's characteristic by the maniacal half-laughing, half-moaning sound he makes as he chases you (similar, but perhaps not quite identical to the sound the chainsaw zombies make).

AirRaid said:

In other news, there are far more than 2 chainsaw zombies in the game. There are 3 right when you get the chainsaw, for a start.

I remember about 6 at least on veteran.

dsm said:

I played D3 on Recruit difficulty when it first came out here and I distinctly remember seeing "burnie" more than once.
He's characteristic by the maniacal half-laughing, half-moaning sound he makes as he chases you (similar, but perhaps not quite identical to the sound the chainsaw zombies make).

iirc it's the same one. He sounds like a mad ape to me.

I think it actually depends where you go. After you pick up the chainsaw, if you head back the way you came one will spawn for you. I only saw 3 on nightmare though.

dsm said:

You probably killed it before you noticed it was fiery, or you have some crappy Japanese version of the game where the "Burnie zombies" were cut because seeing a fiery guy means bad luck in Japan (or so I'm making up - if you're Japanese and are reading this, please don't take offense, because it's only a silly joke).

after i read some threds i got the idea that i might have killed them and not known it. there were some rooms where everything was coming at me and i just shot anything that moved.

i even shot that guy who is in a room soon after you get your hand gun. i mean it looked like he was hiding and i came around the corner and he said something like "you startled me" well i just killed him out of reflex. i hadnt saved for some time so i had to reload just to find out what info he was going to give me.

They're in there on recruit difficulty. I saw 3 I think, 2 for sure. If you were rushing through you may indeed have killed them before you realized they were on fire. At least once he came out of a small nook in the wall with a fire burning though, you should see it there.