Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
William

Another question!

I know that The Spider Mastermind is included in Doom 3 but what about the arachnotron? Its a real damn shame that they didn't include the cool old Baron of Hell in Doom 3 and only the Hellknight! Why would they include the Hellknight but not the Baron of Hell in Doom 3?

That's two questions.

The Spider Mastermind is included in Doom 3

How do you figure?

Why would they include the Hellknight but not the Baron of Hell in Doom 3?

You could consider the tattooed Hellknights in Hell to be Barons, that's basically all they were in classic Doom anyway.

...that and the baron had higher health.

hey its Id's game. They could have had killer lawn gnomes if they wanted.

oh and about the spider mastermind....ahhh....
just play the game, assuming your system can handle it. if not get a better system.

William said:

Why would they include the Hellknight but not the Baron of Hell in Doom 3?

They were including the Baron of Hell, but he was a victim of technical difficulties.

Can you show me a screenshot of the Spider Mastermind? Because I (and 500.000 others) did not find it. If you are refering to that concept art, well.. it´s a concept art and it´s 2 years old.

I though the Concept art for the Spider Mastermind/Aracnotron looked stupid anyway.How many monsters in Doom 3 have to have Skull Faces???

FlexGalaxy said:

ID just needs to make an expansion with all the shit

id have already stated that they won't be producing an expansion. However, I don't see why they wouldn't approach another company to take up the sword.

DoomDan said:

I though the Concept art for the Spider Mastermind/Aracnotron looked stupid anyway.How many monsters in Doom 3 have to have Skull Faces???

Just one, apparantly.

But what about the aracnotron, the small mechanical spider with the plasma rifle? Does The Spider Mastermind still have the chaingun or did they give it a plasma rifle too? I said that I know that The Spider Mastermind is included in Doom 3 and I was asking about the arachnotron, not the Spider Mastermind! Please answer my question about the arachnotron!

William said:

But what about the aracnotron, the small mechanical spider with the plasma rifle? Does The Spider Mastermind still have the chaingun or did they give it a plasma rifle too? I said that I know that The Spider Mastermind is included in Doom 3 and I was asking about the arachnotron, not the Spider Mastermind! Please answer my question about the arachnotron!

no

Neither the Spider Mastermind nor the Arachnotron are included in Doom 3. My guess is ID created the Trite and the Vagary, then realised they had too many spider-like creatures.

My guess is that the arachnotron had too large of a footprint for a "normal" monster and it wouldn't fit in the relatively narrow hallways that make up most of Doom 3.

It certainly can't be that something with a large base like that would like weird on uneven terrain, because id went to a lot of trouble to make sure feet always stay on the ground, it seems.

What are you talking about? The Spider Mastermind is included in Doom 3! I've seen a picture of it and underneath it said that it was the Doom 3 Spider Mastermind and it used to be in the Doom 3 enemies list planetdoom.com! I don't know what they've done with it though, why did they take it off the list! Please don't tell me that they were going to put The Spider Mastermind in Doom 3 but then changed their minds just as they did with the Baron of Hell to save space/memory or something. The disintergration of dead monsters bodies was done to save space/memory you know, otherwise the dead bodies would just stay there I reckon!

William said:

I don't know what they've done with it though, why did they take it off the list!

Because it's not in the game.

Shaviro said:

For fucks sake.First of all that was concept art,It was obvouisly a damn painting.Second of all,Unless they changed the SM's design that was an Arachnotron.It had a Plasma Gun up front.

i always thought the SM was kind of a joke monster. so i dont really miss it.

there is NO spidermastermind in the game. and ah planet doom sucks anyways.

the disaperaing monsters was done for memmory. i dont see what the big gripe over that is. so what if they disapear. i am sure in a future patch they will add a feature for bodies to stay.

Shaviro said:

Then why was it on the list in the first place then? There was even a picture shown of the Doom 3 Spider Mastermind on another website and it was even labelled as the Doom 3 Spider Mastermind as well as graphically enhanced. If they were going to put it in the game in the first place, then why would they change their minds and take it out of the game in the end? That's my real question!

By the way, someone said above that The Spider Mastermind is included in Doom 3 so are you telling me that he is lying?

Sephiroth said:

i always thought the SM was kind of a joke monster. so i dont really miss it.

there is NO spidermastermind in the game. and ah planet doom sucks anyways.

I 50% agree with you about planetdoom sucking! Firstly their Doom 3 information is awesome and they even have a complete Doom 3 walkthrough on the site homepage for all of those who get stuck in Doom 3 and also plenty of awesome Classic Doom information! However, that site does contain alot of crap, such as crap advertisings and crap competitions and I'd also say that their forums suck and are as crap as all hell! I've been to their Doom forums and out of any Doom forums that I have ever been to, their Doom forums are the worst Doom forums ever! Anyway, I am however grateful to say that these Doom forums are the best ones that I have ever been too and I literally mean this, I'm not sucking up! I reckon that these forums will be extremely difficult to beat!

Oh yeah, I forgot about him, he's great and he's also really funny! He's the awesome Planetdoom mascot!

Coopersville said:

That's two questions.

How do you figure?

You could consider the tattooed Hellknights in Hell to be Barons, that's basically all they were in classic Doom anyway.

Yeah, I know, but its not my main question in this post! By the way, are the tattooed Hellknights in hell stronger and more powerful than the untattooed (ordinary) Hellknights (in the mars UAC Base), just like how the Baron of Hell was as twice as strong as the Hellknight although he was very similar and only was a different colour to the Hellknight by appearance. Also, why and how would including the Baron of Hell in Doom 3 cause technical difficulties? I also don't see anything wrong with having plenty of spider creatures in Doom 3! They can still have the Trites and the Vagary (no problem with having and keeping them) but they still should have included the Arachnotron and Spider Mastermind in Doom 3 as well as the Baron of Hell and both of those two mechanical spiders should have plasma rifles this time instead of The Spider Mastermind just having a chaingun! The Spider Mastermind would definitely still be much stronger and much larger than the Arachnotron so even if they both had plasma rifles, they would still both be different enough!

William: please learn to use the edit button. If you have recently posted (and your post is still the most recent post in the thread), and you decide you want to add something, there is no need to make a new post - just click on Edit instead.

Is this guy retarded.Id took out the SM and Arachno because THEY DIDNT WANT THEM IN GAME.Why? We probably wont know.But you're welcome to E-Mail them about it.

Grazza said:

William: please learn to use the edit button. If you have recently posted (and your post is still the most recent post in the thread), and you decide you want to add something, there is no need to make a new post - just click on Edit instead.

I know about the edit button but I like having a different post for every topic so that its all spaced out and not all squashed together! I like to have one post per topic!