Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Arioch

Doom Movie Casting

Use3D said:

Hmm good point. But he's doing Doomguy's work and that's bullshit.

The doomguy can't be all over the base all the time (or at all). In D3 he's fighting his way through part of the base, but it isn't necessarily the entire base he's visiting.
And how do you know that John Grimm will be the one to close the Hell Gate? Suppose he discovered another Hell entry of a different nature somewhere else.

Besides, there were other marine squads operating on the base elsewhere while Doomguy was fighting. Yes, he ended up being the only survivor on Mars in the ned, but what if somebody else survived, but somehow ended up somewhere else? The Doom 3 plotline leaves plenty of space for other heroes if you know how to dig into it.

heh it'd really kick ass if someone from the doom community wrote the script. i could really see this as one mans point of view of the complete annihilation of earth, along with his buddies. but that wouldn't leave much room for a plot.

...Would probably suck because it would be full of bad in-jokes and Half-Life 2 jabs.

I tried a year ago or so together with a guy called Hellbent - I gave up. The way it was shaping up would no doubt be really shitty, because I wanted to keep it relatively true to the game (and the supporting characters were ridiculous if I may say so myself - I'm not good at coming up with decent characters for a movie).

But at least my script wasn't "full of in-jokes" and jabs at Half Life (I made one minor reference to a DW Member called "DooMBoy" - that's all) ;-)

Also, a guy called Rellik did a script which was well-written but it was so Hollywood-style clichéed, not-true to the game as far as feel and the lead character go that it wouldn't have been any better than a typical Hollywood movie (and neither would my script have been).

It's more than likely going to be bad, because it's based on doom. Movies based on games are bad.

It is certainly something to take into consideration, but game-to-movie films are gradually getting better. I talked with a bunch of guys who had seen Resident Evil: Apocalypse and they thought it a) rocked and b) was better than the first RE movie - not much for "mind and soul" here mind you, but plenty of good ol' fashioned entertainment and they claimed the RE movies had some good scares - even if you knew when they'd come.

So they can't be 100% hopeless and it's also quite possible that even the Doom movie won't be 100% hopeless either.

AJ is one of the few actors whose sheer presence often makes a movie unwatchable! I can't stand that bitch, especially in Womb Raider. I liked the actress in RE though (forget her name) becuase at least she's not all like "oh, look at me and my big fat fake looking lips, I'm awesome, suck my cock old man!" I must admit they are both fairly good actresses, I'd like to see a Metroid movie someday and they might be good for that (at least, if it were AJ her face would be covered up and I could handle watching it)...

The problem I had with the first RE (I have not seen the newest one yet) is that the CG was just so horrid, alot worse then in Alien 3 - and that's just not acceptable!!!!

I think the doom movie should be based on DOOM books. Personally I haven't read any of the books and don't know if the movies are using the books. But I have a feeling they aren't.

From what i've heard the doom books sound like Hitch-hikers guide to the galaxy (in not a good way) with violence...

Youn said:

AJ is one of the few actors whose sheer presence often makes a movie unwatchable! I can't stand that bitch, especially in Womb Raider. I liked the actress in RE though (forget her name) becuase at least she's not all like "oh, look at me and my big fat fake looking lips, I'm awesome, suck my cock old man!"

That's an... interesting take. Oh well, your loss ;P Milla Jovovich is the chick from RE. I wouldn't bother with RE:A. I generally agree with ArrowInTheHead.com reviews, and here's the killer which told me I'll be waiting for the DVD to watch it, if I do at all - "for an R-rated movie, the gore factor was ludicrously low! I’ve seem more blood in my freaking toilet on weekends (don’t ask) than in this dryer than a 90-year old hag opus."

I just realised Urban is a fellow New Zealander, born not far from me. Interesting choice. I find him a bit melodramatic myself, like he belongs more on stage than in movies. But I'm happy and willing to be proven wrong.

I think the doom movie should be based on DOOM books.

No, they aren't, and with damned good reason.

Well I don't think it should be based off the book, but rather take the best things from it and put in the movie. The gay-twin-Magilla-Gorillas and broccoli aliens have to be in this movie, because it's just not Doom without them.

BTW does everyone here actually believe the plot summary in IMDB? All the info they get is just stuff submitted by anyone, so it's not like it's from an official source. I also noted that it seems to be rated R on IMDB. Wasn't this speculated to be PG-13 for a while?

Revenant100 said:

Wasn't this speculated to be PG-13 for a while?

IIRC PG-13 was WARNER BROS rating (And we all know how it turn up - AvP anyone?). Now Universal is doing that movie, and if they aren't as stupid as we think... At least, I HOPE SO!

Mike951 said:

I think the doom movie should be based on DOOM books. Personally I haven't read any of the books and don't know if the movies are using the books. But I have a feeling they aren't.

That's a really stupid thing to say when you haven't even read the damn books.
Do you somehow believe that just because there were written a series of books slightly based on Doom, it would be a better story than just coming up with a story and basing it as much off the game as possible?

DSM: I re-read my script just a couple weeks ago and yeah there was some pretty horrible stuff in there. Then again it was four years ago and the first story I'd ever written that was over ten pages long. :p It was a lot of fun to make, and atleast the main character had an average name (Justin Roland, "Justin" from Justin Fisher, "Roland" from the lead character in Stephen Kings Dark Tower series). Script writing is fun, the format is easy, I definitely recommend any recreational writer to give it a go.

Rellik said:

DSM: I re-read my script just a couple weeks ago and yeah there was some pretty horrible stuff in there. Then again it was four years ago and the first story I'd ever written that was over ten pages long. :p It was a lot of fun to make, and atleast the main character had an average name (Justin Roland, "Justin" from Justin Fisher, "Roland" from the lead character in Stephen Kings Dark Tower series). Script writing is fun, the format is easy, I definitely recommend any recreational writer to give it a go.

Don't get me wrong, it had some interesting ideas and was well-written. But I have to admit it gave me a very sour taste.

Veddge said:

Company that killed you family? I think I lose a little more faith in this movie every day. :/

"Company" is a subset of the word "Organization."

Don't read more into what the line says than what it actually says.

As terrible as it might turn out, I'm sure everyone who visits this forum will lay down 10 bucks to go see it (even just to shit on it) and that's all that the Production house/Distributors are looking for.

All I hope is that they at least put some thought into the Soundtrack (is it too much to hope for NIN?)

I'm curious to see how they solve the ammo issue (I mean, just how much weapons/ammo can one man carry, and still have room for his chainsaw?)

And if they kept it too close to the game, the average non-doom-playing viewer would lose thier popcorn.

Although, the first Rocket-jump I see, I'm leaving.

DOOM Anomaly said:

It would be awesome if they use the music from Doom or possibly Doom II. :D

It would! Or maybe the sounds of the doors or something.

Use3D said:

It would! Or maybe the sounds of the doors or something.

Like, a guy could turn on his super-cool portable walkman system and it could play E1M1 music or something, then all these demons jump at him and it is like "BAANNANANANANANANNANANAN" as he is pouring fire at them all. :D

Pottis said:

And if they kept it too close to the game, the average non-doom-playing viewer would lose thier popcorn.

Like most action movies, he'll probably carry around 1 or 2 magazines of neverending ammo.

Hmm, I wonder if the chainsaw will make it into the movie...

Amaster said:

Hmm, I wonder if the chainsaw will make it into the movie...

Heh, one can dream. It DID work for Scarface though :)

God, I hope this doesnt suck. It already sounds bad. And why the heck would "a company" (what happened to the UAC?!) kill someone's parents?! They seriously need a big doom fan to get over to hollywood and kick some ass.

you know, i'd like to see a halo movie. i hate halo, and i want to have a halo movie, and i want it to suck, so i can rub it into the faces of the game's fans. "SEE? your mediocre game isn't exempt from hollywood sodomy either, fuckblocks!"

i am a pop culture sadist.