Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Erik

Artist needed for Scythe 2.

Hello,

The development of my next megawad, Scythe 2 is closing to an end soon (working on map25 atm). But I completely suck when it comes to making graphics. The stuff I need to be done for this project is:

TITLEPIC
INTERPIC
HUD background.

If you are interested and are a reasonably skilled graphics author with experience from working in 320x200 format with the doom palette, drop me a pm/mail or reply here.

Well, the wad is multi-themed, I am looking for anything that looks cool really.

I can do the title and interpics.

However, if the amount of Artist's job grows (like You will need sprites or weapons) than I'm afraid I won't have enough time. But for now I'm available.

First explain me what is You want to have with the title, inter and HUD (style, colors, etc.)

Well, in most of the maps you travel through some starry gate (blodrip1 in gothictx.wad) when you exit, so I suppose some space-style interpic would be nice.

For the titlepic, I have no idea whatsoever, anything goes.

HUD, no idea either.

These are the only graphics I'll ever need for this wad, no sprites, textures etc.

Attempt at the Interpic:

It's gif, tough it has the pallette applied and it's ready to be put into the Wad.

Hmm, it doesn't seem to look att that great in-game. Dunno if I made some stupid error when loading it into the wad or if it just doesn't work that well.

Edit: it's probably because of the lack of reds in the doom palette, something less red would probably work better, the stars look nice.

It's better, not sure about it though. It's my top pick for the moment, but I imagine that it's possible to make something even better. Btw, it would be nice to add "SCYTHE 2" and maybe my name as well somewhere in the pic.

Thanks for the effort!

Edit:
about Julian's pic:

I like it. The only real problem with it is that the SII logo is hidden behind the "TIME" field on the interscreen.

Erik said:

about Julian's pic:

I like it. The only real problem with it is that the SII logo is hidden behind the "TIME" field on the interscreen.

Where would like it?

yep, both those are ok. I am still a little concerned that neither pic looks fantastic in-game though (although not crappy either). I suspect that it's rather hard to do something better, considering the resolution.

Erik said:

yep, both those are ok. I am still a little concerned that neither pic looks fantastic in-game though (although not crappy either). I suspect that it's rather hard to do something better, considering the resolution.

That and the palette :/

Anyway, I tried to make a title pic:

ok, Julian's pics are my top picks atm, I don't mind more submissions though if you think you can do better.

Julian Hope said:

Anyway, I tried to make a title pic:

[/B](pic)

I'd personally put the "Scythe II" on the bottom-middle, with a slightly (Only slightly) smaller "Erik Alm's" above it; the current design is a little one-sided. Looks awesome, though.

Jayextee said:

I'd personally put the "Scythe II" on the bottom-middle, with a slightly (Only slightly) smaller "Erik Alm's" above it; the current design is a little one-sided. Looks awesome, though.

Something along that line?

Heh, found a nice pic on the web and made a more hellish intermission screen... just so you have more choice ;)