Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Erik

Doombuilder 1.63 copy/paste issue.

Hello,

I have a problem with the copy /paste feature in DB 1.63. In previous versions 1s lines stayed 1s when I copy/pasted them, now they turn into 2s lines and have their second sidedef refer to the sector I pasted the object in. This is extremely annoying and useless, is there a way to alter this behaviour or is it a new bug/feature?

I've noticed this and have been meaning to mention it for a while. It is very annoying if you ask me. However, I find it only happens if you copy-rotate-paste. A simple copy-paste seems to keep the 1-sided line for me (assuming we're talking about the same thing).

I've also noticed the newest version does some other odd things when copying. If you copy-paste a sector, instead of copying the sector floor/ceiling heights properly, it takes the floor/ceiling heights from the sector that surrounds it. For example, say I have a sector of ceiling height 64. Inside this sector is a sector that makes some lights, and this has a ceiling height of 72. If I copy this light sector and place it in the sector that has a height of 64, the height of the newly copied sector will be 64 and not 72. I'm guessing this could be either an option or a bug?

This gets annoying when I copy/paste pillars that have 2 sides borders aroung 1sided columns. What I do? I just make those 1 sided column temporarily 2 sided sectors with the properties of the border of the column that surrounds them. Then, after the copy/paste jobby I select all the temporary sectors that will become the 1 sided linedef columns and delete them, thus making them 1 sided linedefs with no back sectors, then I add textures and align them.

Sounds extremely tedious, when I can just downgrade to a version that had the good copy/paste routine...

Indeed the void "outside" the copied sectors should be retained when pasting, ill take a look at that when i get back into Doom Builder. Unfortunately that may take a while as im busy with Doom Connector 4 at the moment.

The automatic height adjustment when pasting in sectors of different heights is by design. However, I just tried your example and that result was unexpected. The new, pasted ceiling height should be old_sector_height - old_surrounding_height + new_surrounding_height, same goes for the floor. Ill see if I can tweak it a bit more and make it an option as well.

I really appreciate it codeimp, most developers don't listen half as much to their users as you do. The height adjustments thingy seems very nifty too if it works as intended.