Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DiB

installation problems

Ok when I try to install doom 3 I get pass cd 1 to cd 3 ok. Then it ask for cd 1 again, so when I put cd 1 in and hit "ok". It exits the installation and goes to the desktop. Could this be a sp2 issue? If so how can I fix?

Here are my stats:
pentium 4 3ghz
512 mb ram
integrated video(128mb)
win xp service pack 2

Thanks for any help!

I would try uninstalling SP2 and seeing if that works. (you can uninstall it from Add/Remove programs in the control panel, if you didn't know) Hell I'd uninstall SP2 anyway, since I've seen and read far more bad things than good about it.

I installed and run doom 3 with sp2 and all available updates from windows. I dont have a problem at all. The one thing I would recommend is turning off the security center.

Not related to your installation problems, but I feel I should let you know that integrated video will probably not cut it unless it is something from NVidia or ATI (not even sure if they make any.)

DiB said:

Ok when I try to install doom 3 I get pass cd 1 to cd 3 ok. Then it ask for cd 1 again, so when I put cd 1 in and hit "ok". It exits the installation and goes to the desktop. Could this be a sp2 issue? If so how can I fix?

Here are my stats:
pentium 4 3ghz
512 mb ram
integrated video(128mb)
win xp service pack 2

Thanks for any help!

integrated video(128mb)
NOT going to freaking work!!! get a new video card! the intel intergrated graphics, which this most likly is, is not made for high end games, or games in general. get a Nvidia or ATI card

nothing will make that card work, also it uses 128MB of your system RAM, so turn it off.

there is a chance you have an el cheapo computer that has no AGP slot in that case you are not going to get great preformance from the game. you would be forced to get a PCI video card, unless you got lucky with a PCI express computer. these cards are kind poor for good old doom III, i am not sure how well(or bad) doom III runs on PCI video cards.