Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SteelPH

Anyone else irritated by the lack of SP auto run?

It gets a tad annoying always having to hold in shift to run. Especially in Hell, where stamina doesn't matter. I only have so many fingers.

Perhaps auto-run is a bit impractical when considering the stamina bar. A run-toggle would have been handy, though.

footman said:

There's a run-toggle in the beta patch, but it's multiplayer only. :/

Um, I could toggle "always run" in multi even w/o the patch.

Being completely honest now, I can't see the need for the stamina bar in SP- it gets disabled in 'Hell' anyway... I hope someone mods it eventually. As Spike said a run/walk toggle would be sufficient.

Job said:

Um, I could toggle "always run" in multi even w/o the patch.

Doesn't work for me. O_o

DoomUK said:

Being completely honest now, I can't see the need for the stamina bar in SP- it gets disabled in 'Hell' anyway... I hope someone mods it eventually. As Spike said a run/walk toggle would be sufficient.

You can modify that in-game, just set pm_stamina to 0. It'll give you the Hell stamina bar, Infinite.

footman said:

It gets a tad annoying always having to hold in shift to run. Especially in Hell, where stamina doesn't matter. I only have so many fingers.

Doom 3 is easily among the few modern FPS with the most simplified interfaces available and you whine about something as idiotic as an "always run" toggle to relieve you of having to press the shift key?
Why don't I see people whine about all the extra functionality keys I see in almost every other shooter out there (lean, use binoculars, alt fire, etc.)?

Come back when you have a better reason to whine.

Human hands have 4 fingers. I don't know about you, though, based on the way you're talking....

Thanks to Windows' seemingly retarded Sticky keys option, I've squared my problems away. :P
Yes, I'm lazy, sue me. ;P

Naitguolf said:

ç

... and is not a finger, right?

Technically, no.

My solution to running in SP is to bind the run function to middle-click. It's not like the zoom feature is terribly useful.

Amaster said:

Technically, no.

My solution to running in SP is to bind the run function to middle-click. It's not like the zoom feature is terribly useful.

Heh, I assigned run to my right click and the soul cube bound to my middle click. Works great.

I like the fact that you have to press a key to run, I think it makes you want to take your time and absorb your surroundings, and I also think it makes firefights a little more challenging.

More challenging = getting more out of $50 game