Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MagnuM

Ambient sounds

how do i get ambient sounds to work with zdoom? i'd like to add atleast 30 sounds total but am having no success.

If you make your map in Doom format, you should keep in mind this bug, which cost me many hours last weekend :-)

Place all player starts before you put the first ambient sound into your map. This doesn't concern wads in Hexen format.

Milian (fka marky)

Milian said:

If you make your map in Doom format, you should keep in mind this bug, which cost me many hours last weekend :-)

Place all player starts before you put the first ambient sound into your map. This doesn't concern wads in Hexen format.

Milian (fka marky)

Not to worry. I plan to use the Skulltag engine. In my opinion, it is one of the most stable doom engines out there; i don't like the graphics that zdoom displays, zdaemon is multiplayer mostly, and vanilla doom doesn't work with windows XP. I have no expieriene in Jdoom, doomsday, or another 3d engine for that matter, edge is a piece of unstable shit that will never be updated again, and I just love the skulltag engine :))

But thanks for the tip though doomer!

i don't like the graphics that zdoom displays

Just out of curiosity, what are you talking about here? Also, I don't see what makes Skulltag any more stable than ZDoom. After all, Skulltag is ZDoom.
EDIT: One last thing, if you make your TC strictly Skulltag, you are putting off quite alot of people who use Zdoom for SP (not that they won't be able to play it anyway, unless you go about using Skulltag features...). If at all possible, try to include as large an audience as you can. Not only will more people play it, but it will also help you in the long run if it happens to become popular.

EarthQuake said:

Just out of curiosity, what are you talking about here? Also, I don't see what makes Skulltag any more stable than ZDoom. After all, Skulltag is ZDoom.
EDIT: One last thing, if you make your TC strictly Skulltag, you are putting off quite alot of people who use Zdoom for SP (not that they won't be able to play it anyway, unless you go about using Skulltag features...). If at all possible, try to include as large an audience as you can. Not only will more people play it, but it will also help you in the long run if it happens to become popular.

...I just prefer Skulltag over Zdoom, thats all...I know it doesn't make sense...but who the hell cares.

MagnuM said:

edge is a piece of unstable shit that will never be updated again, and I just love the skulltag engine :))

eegh wrong answer dipshit

The latest v of edge is very stable and runs smoothly on my computer, and its always being updated. in fact the developers even answer questions on the website. You are quite dumb.

Yes, but it took 2 years for that update so don't be surprise if that misconception stays around for some time.

Sorry for the dumb question but how is SkullTag different from ZDoom? (or any other port for that matter)

XXoXX said:

Sorry for the dumb question but how is SkullTag different from ZDoom? (or any other port for that matter)

SkullTag is generally a modified ZDoom made mainly for multiplayer, with new netcode, gameplay types (CTF, SkullTag, InstaGib, Duel, Etc), weapons (Minigun, Grenade Launcher, BFG 10000, Railgun), maps, and even some new monsters for those that want to make some Single Player maps.

So basically it's ZDoom with spice, or something.

I don't know if this is a stupid question or not, but here goes.

I was curious about ambient sounds also and then I found this thread with these links to help, but I was wondering: Would these work with ZDoomGL also, or only with ZDoom?

Again, I'm sorry if it was a dumb question but I just figured I'd ask anyway. :)

hey don't worry..yer a newb...zdoomGL is the same as zdoom, except zdoomgl has 3d graphic supports, dynamic lighting, etc...