Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Combustable

Favorite first level music

I've determined that the best music in all video games is usually the music in the first level. (In other words: I pulled this opinion out of my ass) but in all seriousness, dont you usually remember the level from the first level the most. For example, I've always loved ROTT's first level music. So, get to it all of you

The music from the first level is usualy the worst music in the game. What are you talking about?

The best: Memento Mori 2 map01 (Avalanche, by Mark Klem).
This is one of the best approximations to a "rock" guitar I've ever heard in a MIDI.

The most memorable: Equinox map01.

Use3D said:

The original release of AV comes to mind...

Agreed. That track was moved to map22 wasn't it? I dunno why, it suited the opening perfectly.

Generally anything by Klem in your map01 will probably be the best.

Sometimes the first level music is the most memorable because I never got a chance to hear any of the other music on my own (ghosts and goblins comes to mind... ugh).

Yes, I suppose that it'd be more appropriate to say "most memorable" and anyway, am I the only one who didnt like the last level music in doom 2?

Combustable said:

am I the only one who didnt like the last level music in doom 2?

i didn't like it at first but i like it now

Darkman 4 said:

Duke Nukem 3D E1M1.

I though the music in the first 2 levels in Episode 1 of Duke Nukem were horrible.

Anyway, I agree with what 1 person said, The last level usally plays the best music in a game.

Castlevania's first-stage songs are usually really cool. Vampire Killer, Bloody Tears, Beginning, Simon's Theme, Bloodlines, Dracula's Castle...I could go on forever!

Little Faith said:

The best: Memento Mori 2 map01 (Avalanche, by Mark Klem).
This is one of the best approximations to a "rock" guitar I've ever heard in a MIDI.

Seconded!

WildWeasel said:

Castlevania's first-stage songs are usually really cool. Vampire Killer, Bloody Tears, Beginning, Simon's Theme, Bloodlines, Dracula's Castle...I could go on forever!

WildWeasel said:

Resident Castlevania Super-Fanboy

Heh, figures :)

Oh, I forgot this was in Everything Else.

My real favourite would of course be the Shadow of the Beast title melody (that also appears in the very first maps as far as I recall).

Descent level 1 tune remains my favorite (appart from the title tune).
Same for "The Wheel of Time".

On the other hand, I can't stand Doom E1M1 and Doom 2 MAP01 tunes anymore.
And although I love various tunes from Hexen, Hexen 2, Heretic 2, Unreal, Quake and many others, I'm afraid they're not from first levels.

Comb : this means for me your theory does not fit.

I always liked the first level music from the Castlevanias as well, but I also liked the music of Gradius.

Erik said:

uhm, kid icarus? :P

Hahahah. That's a fun game. :D

I myself love the music in games, as it is one of the most important parts of the game to me. :D There are a jooble of tracks of first levels that I like. :D My favourite is hard to figure out. :D

Doom e1m1 truly sucks. Doom2 map01 owns though.

The intro music in megaman2 is spectacular, but then all music in this game is.

Oh, and the game over music from batman for the nes sounds like it'd work great as titlemusic for a megawad. :)

Anders said:

Oh, and the game over music from batman for the nes sounds like it'd work great as titlemusic for a megawad. :)

It got changed recently, but it wasn't too bad.