Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FlexGalaxy

Doom Movie Question

They should have Shaun Connery play DoomGuy :) But PLEASE, none of those stupid, overused action movie actors like Van Deisel or The Rock.

S1lent said:

They should have Shaun Connery play DoomGuy :) But PLEASE, none of those stupid, overused action movie actors like Van Deisel or The Rock.

Sean Connery is an overused action movie actor. All the people we're used to seeing in movies are too just plain too old to do action flicks anymore. And are being replaced with Diesel and Rock (man I hate those names). But all our favorite action dudes replaced someone else before them at some point.

I would really like the doomguy role to be given to a complete unknown. This is a decent chance for someone to break into the major leagues of Hollywood filmaking. And the role doesnt exactly "require" a recognizable face.

Amaster said:

Sean Connery is an overused action movie actor.

But he's James Bond :-) They original Bond. Deisel and Rock will never compare to that.

Why not Bruce Willis? I mean, he could get in shape real quick and be the perfect Doom guy. But those Hollywood bastards won't listen! Or I could just be the star, like I said

Windowpain said:

Bruce Willis

Thats a good idea. He was great in Die Hard and all his other action movies (most of them anyways). I'd vote for it :)

Windowpain said:

Why not Bruce Willis? I mean, he could get in shape real quick and be the perfect Doom guy. But those Hollywood bastards won't listen! Or I could just be the star, like I said

I honestly think Bruce Willis is too old.He could be Campbell

Bruce Willis would've been my choice but as it's already been said, he's gettin old. He was way badass enough back in the day to play it. I personally wouldn't have a problem with Rock or Deisel playing him. If they're actually going to use Urban (this is confirmed right?) I think that's a good call, I saw that pic of him with his hair cut he looks like a good soldier, looks kind of like the Doomguy in D3. Anyway, I don't really care who plays him, it's going to be a completely different kind of role than more common action heroes. Just like with the game, we'll just have to wait and see.

I think they should have Cartman from South Park play the doom guy, he would make the movie very scary. I also think that Kenny would be very good at playing Campbell.

predat0rian said:

I think they should have Cartman from South Park play the doom guy, he would make the movie very scary. I also think that Kenny would be very good at playing Campbell.

I think Cartman should be the Mancubus.Mr.Garrison should be Doom Guy.

predat0rian said:

What about Kenny?

Kenny should be the Guy who Always Dies.

S1lent said:

Bah, I bet it'll be like Indiana Jones (the Doom one), PG-13 stuff or something.

They should do an NC-17 one if they had the balls, BUT they want the green ones so they'll have to tone stuff down for the kidz.

Just like that ultra-tame Resident Evil movie. That's hardly horror anymore in my (blood red) book.

It would be dumb to make a Doom 3 movie. THey would have to rape the story line just to keep the audience sane. Doom 3 doesn't have enough humans, and the whole thing is just blowing up zombies and demons, it would make a shitty movie. And if they changed the story line it would still be shitty
Bottom line
Doom 3 the movie, would SUCK ASS.

I don't think so. I don't know where people get the idea that Doom 3 has no storyline. Every time you pick up a PDA there's more story. And especially towards the end of the game, you learn alot of background and a ton of info about the ancient alien civilization, the war with Hell, and the current situation.

The only reason I'm skeptical about making a Doom movie is that no matter how hard they try they just won't get it right. Although this is what I thought about Doom 3 and I was wrong. Just like the game, it's going to be wait and see.