Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Psyonisis

Video shows American hostage beheaded

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/09/20/iraq.main/index.html

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- An Islamic Web site showed video of an American hostage in Iraq being beheaded by members of insurgent leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi's group.

The video showed American Eugene Armstrong sitting in front of five masked insurgents -- four of them armed with assault rifles and one in the middle reading from a paper statement.

"We will apply God's law on them," a masked man said just before the killing.

Armstrong wore an orange jumpsuit and was blindfolded, with his arms behind him. He occasionally fidgeted while the statement was being read ...

Thanks, world!

darknation said:

lacks style and shock value. Beheadings are getting boring.

Why are you watching them? I'm sorry that they can't make the pain and agony of another human being as he is being beheaded more amusing and entertaining for you, you sicko.

because I drink human pain and suffering to make me stronger. for entertainment I like nothing more than a fresh cup of retard outpourings, freshly trolled from whatever forum I happen to haunt.

You've got a good vintage.

I was simply making the point that every time a 'terrorist' cuts someone's head off, people run amok posting the information on every forum imaginable, thus generating publicity for said 'terrorists', this encouraging said 'terrorists' to knock some more heads off, thus the vicious cycle continues.

If everyone was like me and simply didn't care, said 'terrorists' would realize that chopping people up was no longer a surefire means of getting attention. Eventually, through apathy, we would achieve world peace. I'm sorry if this world view offends people, but, like said 'terrorists', I'm making a point through being a vicious bastard. If it works for them, then it works for me. Eventually people will come round to this way of thinking and I can retire and cuddle puppies instead.

Ignoring something doesn't make it go away, it only makes a person go to greater lengths to get a rise out of people, especially if that is their intent all along. Adults know this just as well as children. Using your method of apathy, we might as well supply the victims to the terrorists and give them better implement to make the act more grizzly than it is now.

Snarboo said:

Ignoring something doesn't make it go away, it only makes a person go to greater lengths to get a rise out of people, especially if that is their intent all along. Adults know this just as well as children. Using your method of apathy, we might as well supply the victims to the terrorists and give them better implement to make the act more grizzly than it is now.

you are being trolled by terrorists then, and so long as you feed them they will keep coming back.

This is really educational. Take lessons from Jesus. Eventually they'll run out of cheeks to slap.

darknation said:

you are being trolled by terrorists then, and so long as you feed them they will keep coming back.

I will concede that a beheading is a lot less worse than a suicide bombing, but not by much. Someone still must die. You'd think they wouldn't need to resort with violence. It sure makes it less likely that we'll negotiate with them. I'm not justifying the violent acts America has committed for it's personal gain either.

darknation said:

they'll run out of cheeks to slap.

Yes, and then they'll just move onto bones or anything else with which they can maime or break. They won't stop until they get what they want, and even then they'll still want more. Jesus is a great guy to emulate, in theory, but in practice it won't work because we're not Jesus. Most humans don't have the wisdom and intelligence to even fathom what his messages mean. We don't care, we're too selfish and blind to.

Preach on brother dn!

Snarboo said:

What the hell? Have you ever been around a young child at all? If they are throwing a tantrum trying to get attention and noone seems to give a damn, they might try something more, but even still they end up getting bored and go do somthing else. How you managed to make an analogy with terrorists stumps me.

The thing I wonder about is WHY THE HELL DON'T THESE PEOPLE FIGHT BACK IN SOME MANNER. I mean christ, you're gonna die either way...do SOMETHING. I think I'd rather be shot up than have my head sliced off.

"Most humans don't have the wisdom and intelligence to even fathom what his messages mean"
then why the fuck are we supposed to follow him? what a confusing asshole

Snarboo said:

Jesus is a great guy to emulate, in theory, but in practice it won't work because we're not Jesus. Most humans don't have the wisdom and intelligence to even fathom what his messages mean. We don't care, we're too selfish and blind to.

speak for yourself.

Quast said:

What the hell? Have you ever been around a young child at all? If they are throwing a tantrum trying to get attention and noone seems to give a damn, they might try something more, but even still they end up getting bored and go do somthing else.

Yes, most children are that way. However, I wasn't like most children. If someone didn't listen to me or ignored me or made fun of me, I had a bad habit of punching them or biting or whatever. I would also do annoying things for hours on end and yell and scream. My mother often had to physicaly restrain me because I wouldn't stop. What I mean is...Terrorists aren't like most people, just like I wasn't like most children.

Quast said:

then why the fuck are we supposed to follow him? what a confusing asshole

How many people do you see from day to day who actually follow what Jesus preached, rather than just preach it? How many people understand what it means to be selfless? How often do you see that? Most people will think of themselves before anyone else. Does that mean everybody? No. Just most people.

darknation said:

speak for yourself

I did. I never claimed to know anything, I'm merely stating an opinion.

Snarboo said:

How many people do you see from day to day who actually follow what Jesus preached, rather than just preach it? How many people understand what it means to be selfless? How often do you see that? Most people will think of themselves before anyone else. Does that mean everybody? No. Just most people.

exactly my point, religion should be abolished since it is pointless and leads only to suffering

Snarboo said:

Yes, most children are that way. However, I wasn't like most children. If someone didn't listen to me or ignored me or made fun of me, I had a bad habit of punching them or biting or whatever. I would also do annoying things for hours on end and yell and scream. My mother often had to physicaly restrain me because I wouldn't stop. What I mean is...Terrorists aren't like most people, just like I wasn't like most children.

Did your parents abuse you?

The reason terrorists are 'not like most people' is not because they are evil, but because of real or perceived injustices inflicted up them and their culture.

darknation said:

Did your parents abuse you?

No, quite the opposite! I've been spoiled rotten. It's just that I suffer from ADHD which is also linked to other disorders, such as OCD, Terrete's(sp?), and Bipolar. I don't have many of those anger issues like I did then, partially because of medication and personal choices, but my anger does flare up from time to time.

darknation said:

The reason terrorists are 'not like most people' is not because they are evil, but because of real or perceived injustices inflicted up them and their culture.

Yes, I know they are not evil, the just grew up in a different environment. Often times most conflicts are solved with voilence elsewhere in the world because that's all people will listen to, besides money, which isn't exactly in surplus for some countries.

Snarboo said:

No, quite the opposite! I've been spoiled rotten. It's just that I suffer from ADHD which is also linked to other disorders, such as OCD, Terrete's(sp?), and Bipolar. I don't have many of those anger issues like I did then, partially because of medication and personal choices, but my anger does flare up from time to time.

Then you see the real terrorists here in this analogy. The Americans are the spoiled child, throwing tantrums at the world and causing all this grief. The 'terrorists' are the abused sons of the world. It is no wonder that they hate you.

Snarboo said:

Just because it happened, doesn't mean you need to see it. You watch those videos for the sole purpose of entertainment, not to be "more educated." And will watching the videos make it go away too? I'm not ignoring it by refusing to watch it. I acknowledge that it happens, I don't ignore it, I just choose not to watch it for entertainment like you do.

darknation said:

It is no wonder that they hate you.

Oh I know how horrible I am/the US is. We tend to step on everybodies toes and throw tantrums as you said even though we often don't suffer the injustices most other countries do. We're like the Goth that feels the world is asking too much from them and that everything is a crime against them when they haven't even suffered.

S1lent said:

Just because it happened, doesn't mean you need to see it. You watch those videos for the sole purpose of entertainment, not to be "more educated." And will watching the videos make it go away too? I'm not ignoring it by refusing to watch it. I acknowledge that it happens, I don't ignore it, I just choose not to watch it for entertainment like you do.

Heh, I can't watch real violence, to be honest. It disturbs me to see anyone suffer. When I say "not to ignore it", I don't mean you have to watch it.

S1lent said:

hello, do you actually read what people are saying before you vomit your ignorance through your fingers or are you simply incapable of understanding the difficult concepts being presented to you?

darknation said:

I was simply making the point that every time a 'terrorist' cuts someone's head off, people run amok posting the information on every forum imaginable, thus generating publicity for said 'terrorists', this encouraging said 'terrorists' to knock some more heads off, thus the vicious cycle continues.

Terrorists are reading these forums!

ah, who cares. why is it that people care when an american civilian making money in a foreign country despite the obvious danger dies people get panic attacks but when 10,000+ iraqi civilians die it goes largely ignored?

darknation said:

hello, do you actually read what people are saying before you vomit your ignorance through your fingers or are you simply incapable of understanding the difficult concepts being presented to you?

do you actually read what people are saying before you vomit your ignorance through your fingers or are you simply incapable of understanding the difficult concepts being presented to you?

sargebaldy said:

ah, who cares. why is it that people care when an american civilian making money in a foreign country despite the obvious danger dies people get panic attacks but when 10,000+ iraqi civilians die it goes largely ignored?

Because the Iraqi's are the probably the biggest scum on earth, and no person should die by having slowly, painfully with a fucking kitchen knife around there neck till there is no connection to the body. Don't get me wrong, alot of Iraqi people are innoncent, but have you seen what they do down there?

Suicide bombers everyday
Bus bombs
Snipers

Very dangerous, you'd shit your pants if you had to live in Iraq one day. Be lucky if you survived from all the bullshit going on down there.