Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nmn

Weapons In Progress (practice yer skills)

That looks pretty friggin' awesome! The only thing that MIGHT need fixing are the holes in the black part at the top. They don't seem aligned.

That large patch of solid green on the uh, green thing looks a bit odd. Also the connection to that yellow cable thing should be curved, I think. As for the cable itself, why are those dark lines vertical instead of following the curve? I.E. ||| instead of |/_

Other than those annoyances it's pretty damn cool! Is this for FreeDoom perchance?

Thx both of You.
The core battery (green cylinder) looks a bit wierd, there were so much construction lines on 320x200 pic I got confused *_*
But I'll see what can be done..

Epyo said:

It looks cartoony though?

Wow, now that's constructive criticism :/

This almost looks like a crazy remake of the BFG9000 in Doom 3, except for the fuel jutting off to the side instead of being loaded into the core of the gun.

Whatta you're going to do with that weapon, when it's finished.
You said it wasn't for R-One...

I haven't decided yet. Probably it will end up as the never-ending resource collection that I may use one day (or release).

Add more detail to the grey patch under the black part. its just a solid colour. or at least add shading, i guess. What does it do anyway? how does it function?

It's a conecptal BFG, but I really wanted to test my abilities in it. I've also merged the layers on the psd file before turning it into a 256 colour BMP (dumb dumb) so if anything will come from me.. it's a new weapon :D

Personally I think It'd look cooler without those black perforated thingies on the top right, they seem unnecessary.

@iori - nonsense, don't touch them NMN, they look splendid. Unnecessary? They're driving the gases out...

toxicfluff said:

I agree with iori that the perforations look a little out of place. They don't fit in with the style of the gun well, to me.

I think that's mainly because they're not shaded yet. The flat black doesn't work that well next to those nice gray gradients.

As I promised, a new gun show-off. C+C are welcommed.

ph33r

Die mothafuckaz, die!

Not really...

I think the perspective on the scope and it's relation to the gun is what seems the most bizarre to me. Intentional or not, it look slike it's on an angle on the gun, pointing down towards the barrel.

Oh and /me approves of the guns here. I wish I could write some generally more in depth stuff, but I'm really tired.

The scope is not *on* the rifle, but on a small raised part above the rifle. I've used the Vanishing Points method so I doubt it's wrong ;)