Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nmn

Weapons In Progress (practice yer skills)

Chronoteeth said:

dON'T WORRY NMN, WE HAVE ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD!

(Shit, fucking caps lock. Damn you DDF damn you!)

Newsflash: The DDF Parser is case insensitive....

-_-

I've had it with this stupidity. No more weapons for yuo. :P

Well sorry yuo. Don't worry buddy, there's plenty of other weapons out there, it just takes some time to find em yuo. :p

I'm editin it, sheese.

Just a question, as far as weapon mods, who do people consider the best?

I dont know much about zdoom, but as far as EDGE goes, I've seen some amazing effects from Nick Perrin.

DartmerC-ever mod that has author-made weapons, i.e. all Scuba Steve's stuff, some of my stuff and KronoS Doom3 weapons pack. Rips IMO are not worth attention.

.:DartmerC:. said:

amazing effects from Nick Perrin.

Really... that's cool. Can you tell me what these effects were, so I can capitalize on them if not done already for next mod. I'm really working on production quality(ie effects, music, sound, etc.) in my next mod so it should be pretty impressive.

(Sometimes I can't resist bragging.)

Edit: I just posted in the wrong thread. So this post has been edited.

I could use the following as a chaingun replacement:
http://www.waffenhq.de/infanterie/mp5.html

Why i need this?
I make a doom mission that takes place in Germany and i want to get rid of the two american uberweapons, the chaingun and the double barrel. Those thing cant be found in Germany and so it would be a bit unrealistic to place them in a mission taking place there.
I have a replacement for the pistol but i need something for the SSG and the Chaingun.

Guess its my turn for now.

Some stupid pistol I started a while back and havent worked on in a little while. I made it centred because I think either centered pistols or pistols with just a tiny bit of right angling look more realistic than holding it way out to the side. I need to finish the shading on the back and touch it up, then shade the rest and, wtf, I may be done :P

I think the hand goes on the crappy handle. WIth some touching up and more frames, it could look pretty sweet. And tomentor, don't be so mean to him unless it's another stupid attempt to anger the KDizd team.

CT: It was a compliment. And the about the BS thing.

Tormentor667 said:
Great MoD, even providing bullshit on Doomworld now, gets even better ;)

Tormentor667 said:

Great MoD, even providing bullshit on Doomworld now, gets even better ;)

Sounds like sarcasm to me. Either way, please let this KZIDZ flamewar stuff stay inside the appropriate threads. Heck, it's too much already. :P

...Anyway, I was thinking about maybe drawing an SMG of some sort, next. One handed, of course, so you can dual wield them. :P

Any suggestions or ideas? I'm fresh out already. :P

Chronoteeth said:

I think the hand goes on the crappy handle. WIth some touching up and more frames, it could look pretty sweet. And tomentor, don't be so mean to him unless it's another stupid attempt to anger the KDizd team.

I probaly won't do anything with the handle, it will probaly be totally covered up by the hand. Oh yeah, and agreed about torm. Tormentor, your acting so childish...

Cyclone from perfect dark. Guns from PD transition pretty well into the doom palette.

AND NO AA!

(yes nmn, it's a rip, but I edited it.)

MasterOFDeath said:

I probaly won't do anything with the handle, it will probaly be totally covered up by the hand. Oh yeah, and agreed about torm. Tormentor, your acting so childish...

This is the very first time I am acting the way you do since you began to insult my person, finally you get to know how dumb it is ;)

Bumpage!

Baron's hand. Probably needs work, but was more of an excersise and that forcing one's self can actually lead to fun.
No copyrights or restrictions. Use it if You wish. I'll prolly going to study hands some more.
Oh yeah, no References (well, besides looking at my hand 2-3 times ;-)

Scuba Steve said:

Your best bet would be to take digital shots of your hand and clean those up to look like them.

I'd rather draw them from my knowledge or mind.. I think using digital shots for more than just reference would be a sort of "cheating" :-(

Nmn said:

I'd rather draw them from my knowledge or mind.. I think using digital shots for more than just reference would be a sort of "cheating" :-(

So every single video game company making games today and for the last 10 years all "cheated"?

A real artist would use all the tools at his disposal to schieve the desired result. In this case, a realistic hand to match those that already exist in the game. Moreso, you'd use your knowledge of the doom palette and drawing to not just scan a hand, but to make it match the Doom palette correctly and clean it up so it doesn't look like a crappy scan.