Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nmn

Weapons In Progress (practice yer skills)

engineer said:

Is it the same way that Immoral Conduct does tracers?

Immoral Conduct had tracers?

I actually only discovered ICD's tracers recently, too. Inspired me to make some for my own mod- and no, I use a much different technique.

SCREEN SOON!

Yeah Nick, how do you do your tracers? In a lot of my old weapon mods (unreleased) I simply trigger a projectile to be fired aswell as the bullet. This way, you can have some pretty nice looking dynamic lighting.

Hey NmN I PMed you early about wanting to make weapons as well, here are some of my concept drawings, some people on here may remember when I posted them over a year ago...okay most likely NOT. They are sci-fi.

I apologize that these are kind of faded, if anyone can darken them, I'd be eternally grateful. There are more of these but unfortunately not scanned.

Chronos_T:
Not to sound mean but whenever I read your posts, I hear a little kid saying them.

Woah, Xanither. Those are bloomin awesome. Would you mind terribly if I were to turn a few of them into 3d models? Or at least base a few off of them? ^_^

Whoa Xanthier, those guns are seriously good. You must be a good designer. So many concepts and so little time.. I promise to at least make 4-5 of them into weapons but not sooner until half of june :( sorry everyone, Real Life..

Whoa Xanthier, that are very professional, I'll send you these sprites we talked about, just wait a while till I prepare the stuff.

thanks guys, hey Nmn I dled your graphics passage, boy am I impressed! those flats and textures are l33t!
You do it all man.
I want to be able to do those and the guns like you do. Incidentally, what do you do for a living?
Oh hey, and I'll edit these so you can see detail better soon.

Chrono_T said:

Just let it die, I don't care anymore. Nice guns, you draw them?

I like you Chrono_T , you have humour.

ravage said:

Woah, Xanither. Those are bloomin awesome. Would you mind terribly if I were to turn a few of them into 3d models? Or at least base a few off of them? ^_^

Not at all, as long as you credit me and allow me to have files, oh..and spell my name right. ^_-

Hey, I remember you, you were the furry guy IIRC.
EDIT: Hey I remember you were a pretty good artist as well.

That's all I'm ever going to be remembered by, isn't it?

Anyway you'll definitely be credited. Xanthier. :P

Chrono_T said:

Just let it die, I don't care anymore. Nice guns, you draw them?

Indeed I do.

UPDATE: I DARKENED THEM, hope that helps

Oh yeah, NmN letme know which ones you plan to use, and I can get you more detailed drawings of those. I'll attempt the rest =)

Xanthier said:

I want to be able to do those and the guns like you do. Incidentally, what do you do for a living?

Thanks a lot man, I hope I helped You (and will) too. Nice to see such will on becoming an artist, and yes, I'll try to help You :)
Yeah, Nmn corp 1 was done by me, but I think it's one of my poor graphics sets.
For living? I'm trying my best to get out of High School ;)

These are surely the most interesting ones. I'd like some more details on them plesae.

wow I've got some catching up to do, I'm a lot older than you...let me know what you decide to do, you've got mad skillz.

I used to have some textures, but I lost them forever, what technique do you use for yours?

BlackFish said:

If you made sprites (please) for the 3rd one I can use it for me project! My Aknai Shotgun has a very simular look to that.

Well..I'm not making the sprites right now, I'm still practicing, maybe someone else will do it, as long as you give me credit you can use it :) But thats my least fav of those guns, its got too much going on, I need to consolidate it, especially with that bulky tube.

Xanthier said:

I used to have some textures, but I lost them forever, what technique do you use for yours?

That depends. Nmn corporation was mostly bevels and layers and the "line tool". Other techniques are either pixel art (no shit) or drawing stuff with my tablet on very small resolutions. I'd like to name it "wild pixelling".

Hey guys I ran across this weapon and I wanted to post it before I forgot.
Someone has got to make a weapon mod of this puppy.

http://www.military.com/soldiertech/0,14632,Soldiertech_DREAD,,00.html?ESRC=soldiertech.nl

I wasn't gonna post anything about this but since I already posted something unrelated I thought I'd mention that I started my Doom Gun tutorial. I know it's just the first step but its actually the most important step to anounce because now I'm accountable to finishing it :P

I started with Scuba Steve's tutorial because, let's face it Nmn your a good artist and all, but when it comes to Scuba your still just second best.

Okay, I was totally joking, I started with Scuba's because I was on my mom's computer and had no access to a paint program that supported layers...but here's the start of it.

http://gazler.com/users/xanthier//ingame1.gif
http://gazler.com/users/xanthier//guntemp.gif

oh and nmn you should do a short texture tutorial, or at least give me the basics, like how I get the doom palette, I'm not all that familiar with my psp functions.

*BUMP*

Near Finished Progress on my very first DOOM gun

comments please. Oh, and keep in mind I used MS Paint though I don't plan to use it next time.

okay I'll do that, I forgot to mention it's not in the Doom palette...yet.

EDIT: Done! oh and I added a muzzle flash, and I am aware its seriously lacking, I didn't have a smudging tool or anything available. Oh and I wanted it green to be different, so sue me :]

Oh and again, it's kind of obvious this was done using Steve's method, since it is closer to his style.

Xanthier said:

oh and nmn you should do a short texture tutorial, or at least give me the basics, like how I get the doom palette, I'm not all that familiar with my psp functions.

By texture I meant the surface of the gun, like metal or wood, not the level textures ;)

Here's the Doom pallette.
http://ccc.1asphost.com/Sonybono/DOOM.pal
To load it into PSP You need to shift+O or go to colors->load pallette (this is how it works in PSP 7, I'm not sure about other versions tough...)

About PSP-I can say nothing more but study this program. A software must become Your second nature until You can start freely creating things with it. Study the help file, experiment with various stuff and practice. It'll come out eventually as You go. Besides, if You'll really dislike PSP You can go with Photoshop, Painter, Graphics gale, whatever-it's Your personal preference really :)