Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nmn

Weapons In Progress (practice yer skills)

Mates don't even think about starting a debate on detailed or overdetailed weapons. It's not worth the time. I completely understand why the detail looks disturbing instead of catchy, from the artistic POV ;) A good lesson was learned by me in the process.

The only problem I have with any of the weapons is the railgun, which is mostly dark grey. I'm definitely going to take that baby into Gimp and mess around with colors and layers. Otherwise, it's fine.

ok, so heres some crazy new weapon that i came up with:

Ready Frame

and uhhh, heres one of the reload frames...

The "6G-4K Rifle" with Laser Sight, Silencer, and light weight body. This weapons is perfect for close range, and far range combat. Includes a fully automatic mode, and a semi-automatic mode (for sharp shooting.) Each clip holds 40 rounds. This weapons is mostly used by special operatives, but i guess really anyone who can shoot a frikkin gun can use this one. I know you guys dont give a crap about the weapon information, so for those of you who cant wait to play with this one, it will be available in a few days. i will put the download hyperlink here in this forum later.

VERY nice. My only problem with it is that it seems really straight and kind of blocky, there's no handle or curves in view.
However, if you're going to let anyone use it once you finish making it, I think I'm going to use it in my project.

The hands on your weapons nmn seem a bit off, especially the chrono_railgun since the arm seems so tiny. If you have access to a digital camera you could try taking some shots of your arm and colour them in the doom palette. Otherwise they all look very nice, well done for conforming to the doom colors :)

Corrupted Marine said:

im still trying to get the final frames shaded, and i will put it on.

Hey, let us know when you have it ready for download. I've decided I'm going to use it for sure - I have some great ideas for its functionality.

Damn ex! I was thinking of a simular design with that of yours and the q4 railgun. I have a pic somewhere in my sketchbook. I have to make the sprites or have someone do it though.

Good rg.

That is a pretty sweet railgun. I guess you'll be using decorate for the power up thing?

EDIT: 1000th thread post!

BlackFish said:

Damn ex! I was thinking of a simular design with that of yours and the q4 railgun. I have a pic somewhere in my sketchbook. I have to make the sprites or have someone do it though.

Good rg.

Actually, I stole the design idea from a screenshot i saw of the Quake 2 railgun, Lol.

Cyberdemon: Your link gives me a "Forbidden" message. Please link to the deviantART entry instead of the image itself, or else upload the image to imageshack or some other sort of hosting site.

Eriance/Ezxariarch-your centered weapons are totally cool. Those guys who are making that ROTT mod oughta use them, they have a really nice feeling, unlike my stuff, they do fit in Doom. great job mate.

Nmn said:

Eriance/Ezxariarch-your centered weapons are totally cool. Those guys who are making that ROTT mod oughta use them, they have a really nice feeling, unlike my stuff, they do fit in Doom. great job mate.

There are ROTT mods? Where?!?!? Show!

Nmn said:

[b]BUMPAGE!

Most Impressive! How can you come up with something that beautiful in such a short amount of time? This is amazing :) ...pure beauty, NMN, the Weapon God!

Ezxariarch said:

Here's another weapon i made. It's a homing rocket launcher. Fires two smaller rockets that seek out enemies on their own. The total damage is the same as the rocket, but this weapon's projectiles fly faster and is obviously more effective against fast moving enemies.

http://rapidshare.de/files/12500931/DE-HRLauncher.gif.html

won't let me see it.

@Graf-Wouldn't hit nothing is a double negative, meaning they hit everything ;)
And you also have crosshairs for these kind of situations in FPS games, no?

@Everyone else-thanks for the kinds words :)

Nmn said:

And you also have crosshairs for these kind of situations in FPS games, no?

Which deosn't mean you can point the gun at your face and hit a monster before you :P

Remember how I moaned about the 3/4 perspective? Your guns were positioned much better back then IMhO.