Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nmn

Weapons In Progress (practice yer skills)

Jimi said:

This thread rocks! One bored day I looked through every page on this thread. Impressive!

I'm happy to hear that from a person who was (is?) my authority in art at some degree. Used to admire ZooW all the time :D Only my comp is too weak :(

heres another for the WIP forum...

hope ya like.

note: im getting much better at this...

sorry im using so many green and brown metal guns, but thats what you guys said we need more of. :)

hey Nmn, will you please post a tutorial for us on how to draw CUSTOM doom guy hands!? please!!! i would really like to do such a thing. not to mention, it would be VERY original. i have the right idea when i make my own, however, they always just dont look quite right.

yo corrupt

that sounds like a good idea to me....

anybody gonna do a tut for ms paint?

yo guys check dis out! im up late and cant sleep, so i made dis:

holy crap! is it just me, or is Nmn and I becoming equals?

oh and sausage. you cant expect good results from MS paint. you need to get better software if you want to get results like mine. ;)

you gotta remember that Vader is fricken crazy and insane.

ever see Elf? remember when Buddy decorates the whole store by himself in one night, or when he makes that wooden horse? its like that.

Vader is magical or something, only he can use MS paint.

Cool stuff Corrupt.

Tough we're not equals unless You start animating those beasts ;)

Considerinv Vader-yeah, it's amazing what he can do with MSPaint (he uses sometimes PSP for simple rotations >:) defaced!)

Photoshop is not free, don't ask for a link (illegal).

Download the demo from adobe's site (adobe.com) and crack it (google for Photoshop crack, no links either, tough careful for hazardous software-viruses, trojans, such).

Vader is an awesome sprite artist who works for KDiZD. You can get some of his work in the monster pack res.

[i]corrupt_marine said:
holy crap! is it just me, or is Nmn and I becoming equals?

It IS just you ;)

but seriously, wait for me to praise you
awesome gun man! you don't want a custom title like so and so after all.

Crap, didn't mean to double post, forgive me!!

I have my updated gun but no host for it right now, my host is currently down.

Would anyone be willing to post it for me.
let me know, thanks.

yes i did my hosting just f**ked up as i was uploadin it

ill fix it 2morrow for you

Yay, back in action after a session of drawing retarded stuff ^^

Here is the gun, which i call "Generic assault rifle 2", which is a bit misleading since it is a shotun, as you can clearly see.

Turned out quite alright, with the exception of the weird brown/flesh tones on the side, which im far to lazy to remove.

Corrupted Marine said:

only this one looks like crap to me. and i cant figure out why... :/

IMHO there isn't enough contrast.

Well, I actually did make a weapon yesterday, not from scratch. But due to popular demand, I made a version 2 of the chaingun in my mod. (For skulltag)

Basically I just made new graphics for the Minigun weapon in skulltag for Nimrod.

So, w/o further ado. Here's the 6 barrel version of the Nimrod chaingun (3 barrels)
http://www.doomworld.com/unholy/nimrod/MNGNA0.jpg

and for you who doesn't know the original weapon (and like to see what i actually changed), here's that too. (but this one is very old, like 6 years or something)
http://www.doomworld.com/unholy/nimrod/CHGGA0.jpg

So, atleast one of the Skulltag weapons will have new graphics. I'm saying "atleast" cause I don't know if I'll hit my head again and decide to take on the task of replacing the grenade and railguns. I do have the graphics to base them off of. (made a greande launcher and railgun for Doom Resurrection once, but Mike discontinued it.)

wow kristus, mad skilz

Scero said:

Yay, back in action after a session of drawing retarded stuff ^^

Here is the gun, which i call "Generic assault rifle 2", which is a bit misleading since it is a shotun, as you can clearly see.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/Scero/assra0.bmp

Turned out quite alright, with the exception of the weird brown/flesh tones on the side, which im far to lazy to remove.

wow scero either you ripped that off or you are definitely improving, I choose the latter.

corrupt, that crappy one has really soft colors, like pastel almost, and the lines aren't very strong. I'd just increase the contrast a tad. I tried upping the contrast, and upping the brightness ever slightly to compensate, and it looked a lot better IMO. hope you don't mind. =)

Oh and on another note, I started my third gun yesterday and I have to say that I'm twice as far as I was one the previous one, I think I'm starting to get the hang of this, but I'm nowhere near good yet.

Speaking of, I put some finishing touches on the previous gun that corrupt helped me with. Here it is:

that rifle is awesome Scero, but i just dont like the texture scheme that you used with it. i would expect a more polished look, with a bit of dirt and wear. other than that, awesome!

*BUMP*
... you know what, i was just too bored and i just couldnt resist!

there, thats better! :)

just did some color fixes, anti-aliasing, added a little more texture, added some extra engravings and such. turned out alright!

nice improvements :)

can you finish the hand gun i asked for ages ago

( i nearly forgot about it ha ha )

oh i forgot about those people (ha ha)

anyways ill wait for now then

:: by the way... i have srtarted the wad. ( the dungeon/city )
but my ideas flew out of the window :(