Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nmn

Weapons In Progress (practice yer skills)

yet another gun that i made:

note: the reason that i havent been adding doomguy hands is because im still trying to learn how to make them. my hands are becoming similar to the original but still lacks the crisp realistic look.

They dont neccesarily need hands, you could give it the TimeSplitters 2 (And Possibly 1) look

The ubergun is nice, but the hands could use some work, which is why studying hand anatomy should all be our top priority, so we can write a doomguy hand tutorial!

Come on people!

or you could just use a digital camera to take a picture of your hands and then draw over them... theres a thought... :) (i think thats what scuba does. but not sure)

Ugh.. I totally forgot about da Ubergun.
Do anything You want with it. I'm too busy with KDiZD and R1.

I wonder how the pick-up item would look like for a massive weapon like this.

Frades said:

I think it would resemble a tank, or possibly the front end of an automobile.

oh corrupt, I'm really digging that top gun of yours with the ivory white computer looking line design, nifty.

yea corrupt
that gun @ the top of this page is awesome!!

if you finish the one of nmn's can you post it to me with all the pictures in a pm??

also can somebody tell me the link to scuba's website??

Frades said:

id like to replace this baby with the pistol. this way, you start off inside your mech suit and i can change the player scroll speed to 50 percent. maybee somehow make a robot sound when you walk or sumthin. also, instead of having a category of weapons in your arsenal, you will be able to toggle between different mech tools and weapons, like missles, minigun, plasma burst, heat seaking missles, pulse cannon, etc.

i think this is the start of a sweet new project... >:)
errr... maybee later, i have too many right now. unless someone else would like to do the MechWarrior Doom...

Xanthier said:

oh corrupt, I'm really digging that top gun of yours with the ivory white computer looking line design, nifty.

well, all the only thing i did with this one is this... instead of screwing with multiple layers to get the desired effect for chrome shine, i just added 1 layer with a gradient metal look. the smoothed out the lines really fine to blend it well. but yeah, it turned out better than i thought. my weapons continue to improve as you guys have noticed im sure. i think my next stop is animation... :( its something that ive been putting off, but i guess its time.

i can animate all pictures you want

i have a gif animator.
the images MUST be a gif
just send them to me :)

sausage said:

if you finish the one of nmn's can you post it to me with all the pictures in a pm??

also can somebody tell me the link to scuba's website??

well sausage, as you could guess, this weapon will have like 50 frames. instead of making a doom with a bunch of weapons, you will start off inside your mech suit, and when you switch weapons, you will be toggling your mech weapons. i think this would be a job for Nmn, he could add some animations to the mech suit weapons, like when you switch from minigun to heat seakers, the minigun will go into the gun and the heat seaker launcher will turn out. that would be awesome!

but back to the question at hand. i can PM all the frames to you in a zip file if you want em. but i will also PM anyone else also. this is too big a gun to give to just you. it just would'nt be fair.

actually. on a second thought... why dont we put this in our project? >:D like while your in the city, you find this big tank robot thing. when you get in it, your scroll speed will be 50 percent and make a robot sound as you walk. (but i dont know how to do that.)

oh, what scuba site are you looking for?

err

ok this tank thing i reckon should be done by some of thew most proffesional people for programming zdoom stuff

also. can you actually do all the pictures?
it would ********l take weeks of hard work

oh by the way the wad i have only just started

i could do all the different frames. but i dont know how ill ever get done with it. I HAVE AN IDEA THOUGH. using decorate, i can add all the different mechweapons on the same key. like replace the mech suit with the BFG, but also, make it where you can cycle through all the mech weapons. this way you dont have to replace any of the other guns.

and no, it dont take a professional to script this baby. i can do it. the only thing i dont know how to do is make the robot sound as you walk. but all the rest is kinda basic crap.

besides. im the corrupted marine! im the fastest weapon designer here! it shouldnt really take me weeks to make all the animations. :)

XD

w00t, great job.

Tough the hands need a bit more work :(

jesus CM how do you do it so well

anyways can you do the coding i wanna use it for the city.wad
i have nearly done the dungeon...

...i started it again last night because i got really annoyed because i lost all my music files *sob* so i started deleting random wads that i thought i didnt need but i accidentally deleted the dungeon of the city.wad

Nmn said:

Tough the hands need a bit more work :(

lol, looks better than your hands used to! :)

i just wish someone would post a doom guys hands tutorial.

anyway sausage, it is gonna take me another week or two to make all the frames and then i have to do the coding.

Corrupted Marine said:

note: the reason that i havent been adding doomguy hands is because im still trying to learn how to make them. my hands are becoming similar to the original but still lacks the crisp realistic look.

I recommend cutting out, editing, and using already-made doomguy hands. You can find them in tons of poses, from doom, created from scratch, edited doom ones, some with duke nukem 3d hand poses etc. You'll probably have enough poses for almost everything!

Hey, maybe I'll make a doom hand resource pack? Should I?

Nick Perrin said:

Hey, maybe I'll make a doom hand resource pack? Should I?

Hehehe, I don't see why not. :p Something like that would be quite useful for mod makers, so I approve!

Corrupted Marine said:

lol, looks better than your hands used to! :)

i just wish someone would post a doom guys hands tutorial.

Remember it was 6 months ago when I made the Ubergun.
Hands tutorial hehehe. You might better get a book on drawing hands. It's not that easy.

Yeah, that mech thing you are talking about is quite similiar to a wad i have lying around somewhere. I was learning some 3D animation a few years ago (around 2000 i think) and had a few walker sprites, and guns and stuff. Anyway, the plan was to recreate the old amiga game walker, but using EDGE (or was it DosDoom? :)) to have a nifty first person perspective. I even had some tanks to shoot at :).

Anyway, the thing got scrapped. But i had a walk sound for the player. I simply used the cyberdemons step during one of the player walk frames. Dunno if this can be done in decorate or dehacked, but if you are using ddf, then its not a problem.

EDGE 1.29 also supports animated weapon changes, like draw and holster animations, so with some work you can create totally kickass mech weapons, with weapons moving into firing positions, withdrawing, moving around.

My ambition was to finish the project as soon as edge gets a proper customizable hud, but seeing as that might take a while...

Oh well, back to drawing weapons for me i guess :P

Scero: I'm actually working on a mecha-based weapons mod right now. I've got the stomping sounds down, plenty of new player sounds, and I'll also work on drawing and holstering animations (maybe I'll have them teleport out like in Elite Force).