Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Alientank

Kite-flying festival goes awry in Pakistan

That's just really......sad but funny in the same way. 12 year old boy gets hit by a car when trying to catch a kite, wtf?! The driver should've seen the kid, and the boy certainly should know better then to not look BOTH ways when on a main road.

yea read that earlier today. what could be a more pitiful way to die?

note to self, dont use metal string. seriuosly WTF? why would anyone even think of useing metal string and flying a kite near power lines? people that damn dumb almost deserve death.

its like that guy in india several years back who didn't belive electricity was real. so the asshat climbed a powerpole and electricuted himself

Call a white person a cracker, they are expected to not take offense, call a black person the N word, they do.

I can't believe 7 people actually died in a kite flying contest... You'd think they'd stop the contest after the first death.

S1lent said:

You'd think they'd stop the contest after the first death.

Kite flying is so fun though, why would you want to stop?

darknation said:

oh, racism in a thread title. Very risque.

That's KIKE, not KITE you gook.

Anyway, how old is this article? I swear I read the exact same thing a year ago.

Also, back in Senior Soc, we were learning about our friens the Arabs who we were currently bombing the shit out of and we had to do some research online about their culture. I ended up stumbling across an article about the kite flying competitions in Afghanistan and I wonder if these are anything like the ones they have in Pakistan. Apparently, in Afghanistan this is one of their biggest national sports and they compete by tying glass and razors and shit to their kite strings so they can tear the shit out of other people's kites and win. Now that's what I call competitive sports.

Alientank said:

Call a white person a cracker, they are expected to not take offense, call a black person the N word, they do.

Welcome to the 21st century, Captain Obvious. If you want to use logic, you can't play this game.

darknation said:

oh, racism in a thread title. Very risque.

Danarchy said:

That's KIKE, not KITE you gook.

Heh.

Danarchy said:

Also, back in Senior Soc, we were learning about our friens the Arabs who we were currently bombing the shit out of and we had to do some research online about their culture. I ended up stumbling across an article about the kite flying competitions in Afghanistan and I wonder if these are anything like the ones they have in Pakistan. Apparently, in Afghanistan this is one of their biggest national sports and they compete by tying glass and razors and shit to their kite strings so they can tear the shit out of other people's kites and win. Now that's what I call competitive sports.

Wow, that's like the cock-fighting of kite-flying.

Danarchy said:

Apparently, in Afghanistan this is one of their biggest national sports and they compete by tying glass and razors and shit to their kite strings so they can tear the shit out of other people's kites and win. Now that's what I call competitive sports.

I've read about this as well and always thought it sounded quite cool.

Most Australians support smacking | Baywatch saved man's life
Sleeping woman escapes sex attack | Sexy Boags ads brew up a storm
All of these are funny headlines. Oh yeah, the intense kite festival is pretty funny too, but that's 'cause I'm an asshole. But you gotta agree with Sephiroth though, stupid people kind of deserve it. And the baby's parents should be killed for briging their child to such a dangerous event.

AndrewB said:

Why can't I find any mention of this on news.google.com?

Why can't I find a packet of cookies in my cupboard?

Because they're not there.

the event should have been cancelled after the repeated injureis. the fact that deaths didn't even put a stop to it just blows my mind.

this has to be a form of population control if you ask me.

however to put it simply we dont cancel our soccer or football games when people get hurt or killed in riots and drunkeness. however flying kites over and near power lines is rather dumb. like cannoing in an alligator infested river.

One time I went to a fireworks show and on the very first death they stopped it. Hard to believe this event went on so far.

I made a kite once, it was awesome. :D I painted Kirby on the back of it. :D

That's bad that so many people were whoopled by the festival though. :-/

pritch said:

Why can't I find a packet of cookies in my cupboard?

Because they're not there.

Then (assuming it's fake or very old), why is everyone seemingly taking it so seriously?

Like I said, it's a year old. But it's still pretty funny/strange and still entertaining.