Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
999cop

new serious sam 2 screenshots

I deem this game Of No Significance Whatsoever. Just looks like Serious Sam with different-shaped pyramids, lots of plants and even more lens flare & environment effects. And I didn't like Sam to begin with.

I dunno, doesn't look too great, there's all kinds of weird stretching and stuff going on with the textures, look at the trees in the first one. I remember reading about the first engine's capabilities and being impressed but this just looks bad. The level design looks worse. They have a pretty good texture artist though.

I really, really hate Serious Sam. One step in the wrong direction, and everyone's friggin obsessed with this game.

I couldn't end the 1-level demo twice. It's boring as hell...

I second that. I'm definately gonna get The Second Encounter. I hope it'll be a bit more varied than the first one though. It was a bit tedious with the constant Desert/egyptian/yellow theme. I Really like the Moon Mountains level cos it was colourful.

Serious Sam:

1. Walk around
2. Shoot everything
(you won't run low on ammo because there are backpacks full of it every 10 feet because of all the goddamn enemies that run straight at your or stand still and shoot)
3. Find the object to unlock the door (needs to be repeated in the later levels)
4. Proceed to next level

Variance A: kill a big fucking thing

Variance B: jump through the laser hoops to beat the final boss

Variance C: play a much better game like Quake, Shadow Warrior or Thundra

Serious Sam rocks. It's all about insane, frantic action. It's such a refreshing change of pace. In fact, thinking about it is making me feel like checking out that arcade level for Doom.

Serious Sam:

1. Walk around
2. Shoot everything
(you won't run low on ammo because there are backpacks full of it every 10 feet because of all the goddamn enemies that run straight at your or stand still and shoot)
3. Find the object to unlock the door (needs to be repeated in the later levels)
4. Proceed to next level

Variance A: kill a big fucking thing

Variance B: jump through the laser hoops to beat the final boss

Variance C: play a much better game like Quake, Shadow Warrior or Thundra

Don't count on the game being easy, because on the "Serious" difficulty it's way harder and will take very very long to beat on that difficulty, but that difficulty is beatable.

The biggest problem I had with SS was the often repeated, unimaginative scenario that went something like this:

"Right, I'm standing in an open arena with a locked door at the far side. Ok, so all I have to do is kill wave after wave of spawning enemies until the pre-ordained sequence is complete and then the door will open".

Come on. That was just boring, unimaginative, required little skill, no problem solving, no exploration and wasn't even particularly interesting to look at. The only thing that was varied was the order the spawning enemies came in, and the fact these tedious sequences got longer the nearer you got to the end of the game.

Arcade-like gameplay - I guess so, but the way it was done was like "Space Invaders". I got bored with that one many years ago.

Serious Sam:

1. Walk around
2. Shoot everything
4. Proceed to next level

Heh, I haven't played SS, but that sounds like doom to me :)

It's such a refreshing change of pace.

Refreshing ? Pardon my French but that game is BORING. It's the gaming equivalent of the Big Brother tv shows. Lots of flash and media attention, absolutely no content whatsoever. Sure, it was fun to play the first few levels, blowing down those Werebulls with a shotgun that felt at least as powerful as Doom ]['s Super Shotty. But just try playing the last map in the 'Serious' setting. It's just not fun anymore.

Though I do have to admit the final Boss was quite... memorable.