Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FlexGalaxy

Hell On Earth Mod

I cant believe I didnt move this before.

Anyway, I'm curious about how you guys plan to handle outdoor areas. I presume there will be at least one or two large city sections (or am I wrong about that?). Yes, Doom 3 does have some outdoor areas, but nothing large enough (or detailed enough) to give a proper city "feel". I would imagine that an appropriate city map would cause problems for those with lower-end machines, particularly when lighting comes into play.

Any tips/tricks you might be able to share on this subject would be of great help to the modding community here.

Amaster said:

Yes, Doom 3 does have some outdoor areas, but nothing large enough (or detailed enough) to give a proper city "feel". I would imagine that an appropriate city map would cause problems for those with lower-end machines, particularly when lighting comes into play.

I see where you're coming from, the lighting is probably the main issue. It depends on how city they want to make it, if you're going to have big city blocks and large buildings I don't think it'll be that bad but if we're including alot of landscape it'll be harder to do... at least that's how I figure it.

Time to Kill
for Doom III is BANNED from the Mod Database for not abiding by our rules

Is this mod some sort of elaborate joke I'm not getting?

and yet again it has been renamed to d2hoe:"The Resictance"... I dont think he is serious about it; but what I have to give him is, that his imp looks very good indeed. (it was on the original homepage)

grutsch said:

and yet again it has been renamed to d2hoe:"The Resictance"... I dont think he is serious about it; but what I have to give him is, that his imp looks very good indeed. (it was on the original homepage)

Yeah but why would you want to make a new imp when the D3 one is perfectly fine?

[D3HoE]Makaveli said:
Yeah but why would you want to make a new imp when the D3 one is perfectly fine?

Because he didn't like the new imp?

There are lots of people who don't like the new imp despite its total awesomeness and inability to be disliked :-P

his imp looks like a 1:1 replication from classic doom... i for my part would like to see this imp in action...
still the sad part remains; we will to 99.99% not see it since this dude probably wont get the job done.
so i am looking forward to your d2hoe makaveli.

Ridiculously good concept art; hope their modellors can do it justice.