Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DoomDan

The redesigned PS2

That is very skinny. It's too bad they waited so long to sell it. I would buy one but I'm already happy with the one I have and I just don't feel like spending $150 so that I can have a slightly skinnier version.

But it is pretty cool :)

If its DVD drive is better than the POS in the original PS2 (which won't play 3/4 of my movie DVDs), I might consider getting one. The built-in Ethernet adapter adds to the appeal.

EDIT: if anyone's wondering what it's going to cost in Britain, the answer is around £105.

Is the HD built into it as well? Because I can't see one of the current ones fitting into that thing.

NiGHTMARE said:
If its DVD drive is better than the POS in the original PS2 (which won't play 3/4 of my movie DVDs), I might consider getting one. The built-in Ethernet adapter adds to the appeal.

I've said it before, and I'll say it agian, I have NEVER had problems with my PS2's DVD player.

yup

honestly if the thing was made better i would have grabed one(original PS2). i have seen so many returned. most of my friends have all had issues with it. i hardly ever see a game cube or Xbox returned, much less due to bad parts. i never had issues with the PS1. come on sony make your products last, like the PS1.

my friend can never get any burned Cd's to play on his PS2.

if the HD is built in and it isn't a hunk a crap i might buy one

NiGHTMARE said:

Then you're one of the very small numer of people who hasn't.

I'd have to agree, alot of people I know have problems with it, myself included.

My brother's stopped playing CD's of any kind, thats old games, music CD's, CD-Based PS2 games...but its always been fine with DVD...

Anyway, as i said on straightacting.com...
"Black rectangle replaced by smaller black rectangle. Film at 11"

NiGHTMARE said:

Then you're one of the very small numer of people who hasn't.

Mine had problems with pirated DVDs. But I think it was more of the issue of the idiot who burned them.

My ps2 dvd player (movies and games BTW) has seen almost excessive use from me for well over 3 years. No problems what-so-ever.

I had problems with GTA3 with my First PS2 Back in 2001.Got a new one and it runs fine with all my games and DVDs.

The PlayStation 2 was released in October 2000. It wasn't released in Japan until March of 2000.

And the XBOX was released in North America in January 2001 if not than near early 2001.

Like I said, it was only a few months older.

Wtf, XBox and Gamecube were both released December (or maybe November) 2001. I remember this because I was in my Computer Maintainance and Repair class then and someone brought the X-Box in to demo the day after it came out.

the xbox was release in november 2001. so it is more than a few months newer. if the PS2 was relased in 2000. i thought it was a 1999 release. i go by the time it was first released, in any coutry. over the US release.

Xbox-November 13 2001
Gamecube-November 18 2001
PS2-October 2000

LOL at that person who said PS2 came out in 1998.If that was true then PS2 would be older then Dreamcast

I think I need to get the laser replaced on mine. As far as I know, Sony does it for free since it's a known defect.

DoomDan said:

Xbox-November 13 2001
Gamecube-November 18 2001
PS2-October 2000

LOL at that person who said PS2 came out in 1998.If that was true then PS2 would be older then Dreamcast

yea you're right. i meant 1999. i thought it came out in japan in 1999, it would still have the same hardware as the american version.

by the way when did the original playstation come out?

The original was 1995, i belive. Before that sony had something called the CD:I, which was like a modern-day DVD player in size, with some really shitty games, like the ones on the Mega CD (like 'vampire stalker' or whatever it was called), they shocked the world with the Playstation, and the Nintendo and Sega war was suddenly irrelevant..

OH well, it doesn't matter. In a year or two XBOX 2, PS3, and whatever crazy name nintendo has for the new gamecube is coming out. But yes, this "new" PS2 was released a little late. But you know, if people weren't still buying these systems, than they might not be making stuff like this. Just yesterday I overheard a person at Target asking them if she could buy an XBOX system.

S1lent said:

Owhatever crazy name nintendo has for the new gamecube

IIRC that "crazy" name is "GameCube 2".

But yes, this "new" PS2 was released a little late. But you know, if people weren't still buying these systems, than they might not be making stuff like this.

I believe the PS2 is still outselling both the X-Box and the GC by a very large margin.

Hell, PS1 is outselling the Xbox in Japan. And yes, I'll probably be getting this new one once my old PS2 craps out(given, of course, there are compatibility issues with the PS3 which I don't foresee).

Anyone remember the redesigned NES? That was the shit. As well as making it look better they also made it work better.

NiGHTMARE said:

IIRC that "crazy" name is "GameCube 2".

I heard it was something different. I might be thinking of a different product of Nintendo then.

I believe the PS2 is still outselling both the X-Box and the GC by a very large margin. [/B]

The PS2 is outselling the XBOX, but not by much. They are both pretty close. It's the GameCube that fell behind.