Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DoomDan

The redesigned PS2

the sux-box, gaystation and lamecube they all fail compared to the ultimate gaming hardware... a well made PC.

anyways i do wonder about future rigs. i hear the Xbox2 will not have an HD, i think that is a mistake. i havent fallowed the PS3 or nintendo. granted i really want to see a better product from sony. the playstation is almost 10 years old for christ sakes, and its still around. thats how you should build them.

Xbox surprised me, hey i don't normaly like microsoft, but i am pleased with the results. everything is included and it has a built in hard drive. however X-box live can be bitchy and you have to buy some downloads, which i think in BS.

the PS2 disappointed me in terms of shoty construction. i see more PS2's returned than anything else. however has great selection of games, more than xbox and gamecube combined.

The nintendo didn't disapoint or surprise me. a well made system, but games selection was something to be desired. for the first few years it was little more than a "kiddy" system. don't get me wrong alot of those games were fun. in recent years it has gained many more titles, includeing some for mature gamers. I kinda miss this one after my brother sold his.

GBA and GBASP are a rather disapointment in terms of a few fetures. first nintendo seems to have an undying hatered for back lighting. even the first had held of its day was back lighted, and color for that matter. with the gameboy nintendo seemed a little behind. however a great selection of games and of course both doom's where made for it. also wolf3d, and most of the original content.

the dreamcast is another favorite. though it is no longer made. has a number of great games and now you can make and port your own games. i know i have made a couple copies of doom for it, ROTT and quake.

Sephiroth said:

the sux-box, gaystation and lamecube they all fail compared to the ultimate gaming hardware... a well made PC.

Except a PC doesn't have Mario or Zelda, and PCs are for people with no friends. Super Smash Bros Melee is the ultimate party game.

NiGHTMARE said:

IIRC that "crazy" name is "GameCube 2".

Actually it's codename is Revolution

I think GamePro had a poll last month asking "What was the best FPS ever" and most people said "Goldeneye 007" Which I think was probably one of the absolutely best FPS, a definite classic. It's probably one of the only reasons I kept my N64 :)

S1lent said:

I think GamePro had a poll last month asking "What was the best FPS ever" and most people said "Goldeneye 007" Which I think was probably one of the absolutely best FPS, a definite classic. It's probably one of the only reasons I kept my N64 :)

I disagree greatly with those polls.Goldeneye was overrated.I honestly found myself playing Turok and Doom 64 more then Goldeneye.Sure the Multiplayer was great but well.....that was all that was great about the game.

BTW Was Doom on the poll??

DoomDan said:

I disagree greatly with those polls.Goldeneye was overrated.I honestly found myself playing Turok and Doom 64 more then Goldeneye.Sure the Multiplayer was great but well.....that was all that was great about the game.

Well, not everyone thinks like you do. Most people thought GoldenEye was a great game. Everyone I've met who's allowed to play FPS and has an N64 played GoldenEye and loved it.

BTW Was Doom on the poll??

Yes. It was close.

What was the best FPS ever

Not doom

They are wrong.

Hmm, i did see some CS-scumbag (they are like the Chavs of gaming), who was probably in a clan too, saying "Consoles are taking over from PC's as the best gaming systems", yeah right, welcome to 1990