Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
999cop

Anyone know how to connect to IRC at school?

I would have if I were to connect from a home computer, but right now it's not allowed to download Mirc in here on my campus. Besides, if it has a firewall or something, even with mirc, it would still not work, would it?

then forget it. you would violate the schools AUP in doing so. however if it is anything like my highschool it is filled with holes. they had us ttoaly blocked off the internet by "locking" IE. however if you went into any program and selected open and then "browse internet" you got around it.

just wait till you get home. i dont think IRC is than important while at school.

also if you get caught you loose computer rights and face other disapline.

Personally, I think mIRC is the only way to get the most out of IRC. I've been using it for a while and I have no complaints.

Fredrik said:

Why not instead study at school?

There's the solution to your problem. Learn instead of jerkin around.

As far as I know, Freenode only allows port 6667. Can't remember if doomworld still does debian.org for IRC.

You could try Xchat, it's what I use, but it turned (rather gpl violating, TONS of angry flames at their forums about it) shareware, so get 2.0.8 here.

Fredrik said:

Why not instead study at school?

I actually needed help with Mathematica and hoping I could get some help from #math on Freenode, btw I didnt have any class during that time and most people had already left, it's Friday

most schools have a security block on the internet. if you sit down and learn about it you can fin the holes, or if you find the admin's password.
we found our admin's password because the fucker left it out on the table and went to piss.

However doing any of those will violate the AUP and a number of school rules. including no computer access and suspention, in the case of my school. if IRC for a few minutes is worth that then go ahead.

It is also most likly impossible to install an IRC client without getting caught. if you somehow did they could find out who, i am sure you have to log in (on the computer or on paper) we had to do both. I got caught making the personal login background the soviet flag. however they thought it was rather funny and it wasn't aginst the AUP so they didnt care