Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

ZDoomGL 0.8 Beta

Timmah has posted a preview release of ZDoomGL 0.8 which supports that long-awaited feature, dynamic lighting. Now your ZDoom levels can look sort of like Quake but not really!! One neat thing is the lights follow the existing ZDoom format so they can be controlled through ACS. Oh and after posting this timmie promptly ran off to Disneyland, so don't expect responses to any bug reports until he gets back, or maybe never if he accidentally wanders into California Adventure and dies of boredom.

needs more stereoscopy

edit: btw if any wadauthor users want to try out the lights I've uploaded my wcf here which is also updated for the latest ZDoom 2.0

Of course it has. So far I haven't seen any evidence of this bug being addressed. So again it means having to switch decals off. Come on, it really can't be that hard to fix it!

Graf Zahl said:

Of course it has. So far I haven't seen any evidence of this bug being addressed. So again it means having to switch decals off. Come on, it really can't be that hard to fix it!

He could be saving it for the full version of 0.8....

heh, yeah, I had been focusing on dynamic lights. The decal stuff is next on my list (after I get through this round of crashing-type bugs).

Also, Disneyland was lots of fun and the Oregon coast is very scenic, but damn is it nice to be home.

heh, I was just over in Florence last weekend. the whole coastline is gorgeous, though not exactly the warmest place on earth.

Toxicfluff: Agreed. Timmie could have used hundreds of Dynamic Lights things but he took his time and implemented just the one thing with more variety than using a number of things.

but don't forget about the other light types! Personally, I can see the sector point light being very handy.

These new lights are really cool looking. What we need now is a skilled mapper with a good eye for this kind of thing to make a nice, full featured map to really take advantage of this feature and give us all a treat.

Enjay said:

skilled mapper with a good eye

hmmm...

Enjay said:

hmmmmmmm....

Enjay said:

HMMMMMM

Sign in to follow this