Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MagnuM

Imp TC - updated

=UPDATED= 10/27/2004 @ 11:22PM Central Time

Scripts = **pending**
Dehacked = 75% complete (needs a small amount of tweaking)
SoundLump = 10% complete (need to finish defining $ambient)
Graphics = 90% complete (need to add more items)

Map01 = 100% complete
Map02 = 95% complete (needs ambient sounds added)
Map03 = 80% complete (needs more enemies, sectors, and linedefs)
Map04 = 0%
Map05 = 0%
Map06 = 0%
Map07 = 0%
Map08 = 0%
Map09 = 0%
Map10 = 0%
Map11 = 0%
Map12 = 0%
Map13 = 0%
Map14 = 0%
Map15 = 0%
====================================================================
If any one wants to help me build maps and come up with some ambient type sounds, just go ahead and PM me or e-mail me at johnymagnum@yahoo.com

Chronoteeth said:

Have you tried wad 8 of the 99weapons mod? that's an all imp-themed weapon set.

True...Indeed I have, but i'm looking for a few more weapon artists. I'm looking for someone to render the regular doom shotgun and double barrel shotgun with the imp hands instead of the marine's hands. Oh yes...and that blade saw that is part of that wad is just annoying. I'm still thinking of something that should replace that.

MagnuM said:

I'm looking for someone to render the regular doom shotgun and double barrel shotgun with the imp hands instead of the marine's hands.

oh god please don't pull a doom rampage and have the player play a doom monster that for some unknown reason knows how to use human weaponary. can't you be creative and replace the weapons with some new imp attacks like summoning smaller imps (bfg replacement?) or something?

Dron said:

oh god please don't pull a doom rampage and have the player play a doom monster that for some unknown reason knows how to use human weaponary. can't you be creative and replace the weapons with some new imp attacks like summoning smaller imps (bfg replacement?) or something?

What is so bad with that? Hmmm...let's see...the zombie man can use a rifle so why can't the imp?? The imp is more intellegent anyway!

MagnuM said:

what is so bad with that?

it's stupid and unoriginal i could think up a whole list of original imp attacks in a few minutes also, the zombieman knew how to use a rifle before he was zombified the imp never did.

Dron said:

it's stupid and unoriginal i could think up a whole list of original imp attacks in a few minutes also, the zombieman knew how to use a rifle before he was zombified the imp never did.

hmmm...now i understand why you sig title is what it is...enough with the flaming dude, if you don't want to help me then do me a favor. DON'T POST IN MY THREAD.

Now if you want to list some of the attacks and maybe suggest implimenting them into the project of mine, then that is different.

1-Imp claw
1-Powerful claw swipe (like beserk)
2-Normal imp fireball (infinte ammo)
3-Three fireball spread
3-Super-fast fireball
4-5 fireballs shot in a straight line, close together
5-Exploding skull fireball
6-Homing exploding skull fireball
7-Super fireball that explodes like the BFG

There you go. Also to get ammo you could collect 'soul energy' from dead enemies. They could also randomly drop guts, brains ect, which you eat to get health. Just like "A better wad i pulled outta my ass" really

deathbringer said:
Just like "A better wad i pulled outta my ass" really [/B]

Thanks for the suggestions

I don't mind the fact that you're making the character play an imp, its just if the weapons are ALL going to be the same as the doom ones, that sort of defeats the purpose of his clawing and fireball-throwing abilities, don't you think? you should make his claw and fireball both on the weapon 1 slot, and the rest can be the guns. That would be cool.

Nick Perrin said:

I don't mind the fact that you're making the character play an imp, its just if the weapons are ALL going to be the same as the doom ones, that sort of defeats the purpose of his clawing and fireball-throwing abilities, don't you think? you should make his claw and fireball both on the weapon 1 slot, and the rest can be the guns. That would be cool.

?!

Weapons so far:

Fist 1 = Imp Claw
Fist 2 = Imp Claw (Imp Rage)
Pistol = Imp Fire Ball (infinite ammo)
shotgun = ??
sawed-off = ??
chaingun = chaingunner's chaingun (black, fires faster, new sound)
mini-gun = spider mastermind's minigun (very fast, new sound)
rocket launcher = the unmaker (launches lost souls)
plasma rifle = mancubus arm (self explanatory)
bfg = Ancestor Imp (as of now it is an infinite rapid fire balls)

I may change some of these...

keep the suggestions going.

Shotgun and Sawed-Off...hmmm, ideas...this is for ZDoom, isn't it? I'll select ideas you could do with Heretic/Hexen/Strife stuff.

* Shotgun: Fire three Imp fireballs (Heretic's Crossbow)
* SSG: High-velocity fireball (Hexen's Firestorm)

How about Hell knight's plasma as shotgun and something like a enemy-seeking imp fireball for the SSG?

Does the player have very limited health, like an imp does (about two-three shotgun hits worth of health)?

There's already a TC in the works where you play as an imp. it's called Deim. why don't you look up Boingo the clown and ask to help him?

I'm concerned... you want the weapons graphics modified to have imp hands, as if the imp is using guns? I'm sorry but this smells like another Doom rampage dilemma, poor execution and immersion in an interesting concept.

Veddge said:

I'm concerned... you want the weapons graphics modified to have imp hands, as if the imp is using guns? I'm sorry but this smells like another Doom rampage dilemma, poor execution and immersion in an interesting concept.

Not true. This will be set in hell and have a very different atmosphere to it. Trust me, its not gonna suck. I just need more ideas from people. But thanks and not thanks for the comments.

MagnuM said:

What ever you say so guys. Trust me it won't suck...

yeah that's what was said about doom rampage by the author and doom rampage sucked balls

I've always wanted to play as an Arachnotron...

?! Arachnotrons cannot climb stairs, nor pass through standard doorways. What fun is that?!

Dron said:

playing as an arachnotron?! ugh

Agreed. Damn things make to much noise anywaYz!

****BOOm Clang Boom Clang BOom....ARRRRRRHHHH!!!****

Dron said:

playing as an arachnotron?! ugh

Heh...Just another one of those situations when I feel so unique and original.
I've always loved the arachnotron's plasma cannons. And I've always been fascinated by the vision perspective of spiders....Do they really see things in black and white at a very tilted angle?
I just happen to believe that this is a very good idea for a TC.

DarkJedi188 said:

Heh...Just another one of those situations when I feel so unique and original.
I've always loved the arachnotron's plasma cannons. And I've always been fascinated by the vision perspective of spiders....Do they really see things in black and white at a very tilted angle?
I just happen to believe that this is a very good idea for a TC.

depends on how it is done. significant modifiations to the game would need to be made so you could walk like one. I dunno, that is some idea...maybe