Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Redjack

Storage room c4?

Recommended Posts

Early in the game after climbing a ladder up to the next level someone broadcasts a message over the radio. They say they are locked in Storage room/cabinet C4, is there such a place? If so, where is it? I spent the longest time trying to find it so I could release the dude stuck, and even thought I was close when I heard banging near the room where the glowing blue cells were being loaded.(had a hatch that you opened via a console nearby)

Share this post


Link to post

So far the general belief is that you cannot find him. It's probably one of those things added just to heighten the fear and sense of complete domination by the demons.

Share this post


Link to post
footman said:

You can find him, but he gets beheaded by an Imp. I only found him once.

Where? was it soon after or a while later?

You might be confusing him with one of the two other guys that die by imps

Share this post


Link to post

there is a guy trapped near the level where the transporters are. but i dont think its the same guy cause this much later. i tried to save this guy but the imp always gets him.

Share this post


Link to post
footman said:

You can find him, but he gets beheaded by an Imp. I only found him once.


Thats far, far later, and obviously not the same guy. The guy over the radio says he's VERY close, due to the short range of his transmitter. The other guy is in Delta labs, after a huge Monorail ride.

Share this post


Link to post
footman said:

You can find him, but he gets beheaded by an Imp. I only found him once.


Same. I heard him for a moment before an Imp flies across from the right of the exit of the vent and kills him.

Share this post


Link to post
footman said:

You can find him, but he gets beheaded by an Imp. I only found him once.

i'll second (or third or fourth or what ever) that. you can find him, but before you do an imp attacks. you get a juicy PDA i think. its hard to remeber when you are drugged

Share this post


Link to post
Sephiroth said:

i'll second (or third or fourth or what ever) that. you can find him, but before you do an imp attacks. you get a juicy PDA i think. its hard to remeber when you are drugged


Drugs are bad for you *shakes his head* But you can find the man and like all the others say he dies...

Share this post


Link to post

The 'C4' guy isn't the guy who got killed by an imp in Delta. As is already mentioned in this thread, the 'C4' guy is supposed to be close by when you're in Alpha - Delta is not close by.

In any event, this is one of those extremely few occasions in Doom 3 where I'm annoyed at the way it's been done. I wasted a lot of time searching in vain for this 'C4' storage locker, expecting to at least find a corpse and a PDA. I was pretty sure I wouldn't get to find him alive, since it seems a common trick to lure players into thinking they might find someone alive and when they get there, the survivor/ally/whatever dies or is already dead, but I admit I didn't expect NOT to find him and it has me pissed off.

Stupid.

Another occasion in the game which pissed me off was kinda of the opposite kind. The scientist with the lantern - worst gameplay idea Id could've used. I propably wouldn't have minded if the scientist had been carrying an actual flashlight, shining it in the direction of any incoming creature and keeping a good distance behind you. But as it is, you have to stay more or less right behind the scientist to get any use of the light and every time a monster shows up, the scientist gets killed - worthless.

To make matters worse, you can't even decline his help!

The only effective way of getting through that area is if you run ahead and dispose of any creature you find, but then you have to use the flashlight and that kinda kills the point of the scientist (he's really only good for pissing you off in the end).

Ah well, the guy that got killed by the imp in Delta was fun.

Share this post


Link to post

the guy says he is near by. but who is he talking to.

for all we know it could be the guy in delta lab talking to some other guy there and we pick up the signal.

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah i knew these guys were wrong, doom3 isnt excacly the type of game where you can miss somehting

Share this post


Link to post
maggot said:

the guy says he is near by. but who is he talking to.

for all we know it could be the guy in delta lab talking to some other guy there and we pick up the signal.

No, and for the simple reason that the Delta Labs guy is not hiding in a storage room (rather inside a service shaft) and it's not called 'C4'.

Share this post


Link to post

Are you sure about that dsm? I found the dude, or at least the guy I thought was him, in Maintance Room C4. It is just past the room where various monsters like Imps, Hellknight etc. are in stasis pods. And you can download info on the monsters to your PDA by clicking the screen in front of the monster in question.

The dude got wasted by an Imp before I actually found him, but then again I was looking around and not exactly hurrying to find him.

Share this post


Link to post
Redjack said:

Are you sure about that dsm? I found the dude, or at least the guy I thought was him, in Maintance Room C4. It is just past the room where various monsters like Imps, Hellknight etc. are in stasis pods. And you can download info on the monsters to your PDA by clicking the screen in front of the monster in question.

The dude got wasted by an Imp before I actually found him, but then again I was looking around and not exactly hurrying to find him.


Er, wasn't that mentioned in the posts above? That guy is definitely not in Storage Room C4, nor was he the same guy.

Share this post


Link to post

Possibly, but that is the closest I've come to finding the bloke. Just because his transmission said he was nearby does not necessarily mean that it could not be him. The only other storage rooms that I can think of are the ones in the CPU room(don't recall the exact room, but it's one of the ones you access using the walkway over the pit.

Share this post


Link to post
Redjack said:

Possibly, but that is the closest I've come to finding the bloke. Just because his transmission said he was nearby does not necessarily mean that it could not be him. The only other storage rooms that I can think of are the ones in the CPU room(don't recall the exact room, but it's one of the ones you access using the walkway over the pit.




thats exactly right.

out doom guy went to hell and back.

if our guy can get out of hell then that guy could get out of the c4 room.

Share this post


Link to post

The first time I heard him on the radio, I started hurrying more quickly through the vent. When I got a little further, I remember hearing the sound of a screaming man, like he was being killed by something. Then I thought to myself, "Oh well, guess he wasn't important to the plot anyway".

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah after he calls you on the radio, if you pay real close attention, you hear him scream. He's dead. Maybe you do pick up his PDA later, just with no corpse next to it. Poor bastard.

Also, like dsm said, the part with the scientist with the latern pisses me off, but it doens't piss me off in a "Damn you Id" sort of way. I just wanted to save the dude, but I don't think it hurts the gameplay. In real-life crisis, you can experience circumstances in which you fail, no matter what you do.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×