Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ragnew

Hey guys, have any of you tried to record with the newest version of Prboom?

I've tried it, and it kicks me out right away saying something about check the demo, and it says it recorded.

Has this been hit up on? Thanks!

I assume you're referring to 2.3.1. The same problem existed in 2.3.0. I don't know what the specific cause is.

Solution: use 2.2.x. (At least, I don't know of any solution in 2.3.x.)

2.2.5 worked OK for me when I tried it, but I'm sticking with Budko's 2.2.4, for various reasons.

Ah, thanks Graz. Damn shame about 2.3.1, I really like the way it feels when you use it.... :(

Oh well, maybe this next version will take care of whatever is ailing the current one (demo recording wise).

Yeah, perhaps someone should make a bug report, just in case they really don't know about this. I'd kind of assumed it was too obvious a bug for the Prboom team not to be aware of it (i.e. they hadn't got around to implementing demo recording in 2.3.x yet, for some very good reason).

Grazza said:
2.2.5 worked OK when me [...] tried it

Yarr! Shiver me timbers! To be sure! :-) (Sorry, couldn't resist)

On a serious note: it is very unsettling indeed that such obvious bugs seem to be present in the 2.3.x versions. Are they implementing changes to the demo recording code? (I know that plans were made to include doom2.exe ver. 1.91 demo compatibility, maybe that's why? Or has that already been implemented?)

heh, typo corrected.

1.91 support (playback anyway; don't know about recording) is in both the new versions - I tested them both with a demo I'd recorded with 1.91. However, that can't be the origin of the problem, since it was also present in 2.3.0.

1.91 recording support is there - record as for v1.9, and add the -longtics parameter.

No, we aren't aware of recording problems with 2.3.x. But then I almost only use 2.2.x myself, and most of the game and demo side of things is left to me.

cph said:

No, we aren't aware of ... problems with 2.3.x.

missed one code line

void P_SetupLevel(int episode, int map, int playermask, skill_t skill)
{
  //...
  //...
  totallive = 0;//e6y
in prboom-2.2.6\src\p_setup.c