Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hert Malker

New Doom Episode Everybody!

Recommended Posts

I just want to report that a brand new wad called "Simply Phobos" just got released. The wad is by Paul Corfiatis and seems to live up to his normal expectations. It is, as the name suggests, a full, 9-level Episode One replacement for Doom I, and is very much in the styly of the original. Please get this wad when you have a chance and post what your opinions are!

Downlods in here:

http://www.gamers.org/pub/idgames/levels/doom/p-r/pe1_phob.zip

Share this post


Link to post

hmm... sounds interesting im downloading it now, there's never enough e1 maps :P

Share this post


Link to post
Hert Malker said:

I just want to report that a brand new wad called "Simply Phobos" just got released. The wad is by Paul Corfiatis and seems to live up to his normal expectations. It is, as the name suggests, a full, 9-level Episode One replacement for Doom I, and is very much in the styly of the original. Please get this wad when you have a chance and post what your opinions are!

Downlods in here:

http://www.gamers.org/pub/idgames/levels/doom/p-r/pe1_phob.zip


hahaha- soooo Mr.RegisteredJustToMakeOnePost, you woulnd't have anything to do with making it, would you????

Share this post


Link to post

Malker is "reklam" backwards. That's similar to the word for "advertisement" in several languages. Bizarre coincidence, I'm sure. BTW, it's a ten-level wad (E2M9 too).

Share this post


Link to post

i've become so sick of ep1 styled maps. nearly every wad made in the early days was ep1 styled. theres thousands of them!

Share this post


Link to post

I played the episode and posted my comment in the archives, 'nuff said.
Cut the shit and download :)

BTW- I wonder why didn't Paul come here to advertise his wads, what's more puzzling, who is his mysterious advertiser/fanatic (no, not Marc Pullen :b). Hm...

Share this post


Link to post

Very strangely, Paul didn't even bother to add this megawad on none of both of his sites, but I saw that it was released on 28-Sep-2004.
Maybe he didn't have the time to update his sites?
And yes: it would have been better to have his own comments instead of these ones, made by an anonymous P.C.'s lover... (the study of the used ip could be funny...)
But... Why are you still loosing your time to read me instead of downloading this Pwad?!?

Share this post


Link to post
Foofoo said:

i've become so sick of ep1 styled maps. nearly every wad made in the early days was ep1 styled. theres thousands of them!

Still very few of them are done properly, and with quality.

Share this post


Link to post

I played all the way through on this on UV, and it's rather good. Of course it has the usual (to me) errors: use of E2 textures for one thing. Also it seemed to me there was quite a bit of copy and pasting going on throughout the episode, but that's me. There was quite a bit of ammo and health, and overall it was easy, even on UV. The lighting was very well done I should mention. Overall this is very good stuff, and anyone who has a jonesing for some more E1age should download this with no reservations.

Share this post


Link to post

Nice to see that you like the wad! I have been waiting for this one since I first saw it on the WIP page and it is finally here! And it didn't dissapoint! But I'm sure the next wad I see on WIP that I am looking forward to has oughta be WAY better than even this masterpiece.

And what wad am I talking about? I am taslking about the soon-to-be-released, and astonishing-looking Scythe II by Erik Alm. I'm not sure of just how good this will be, but judging fron all the screenies and the extremely high talent of the author, it could very well end up being one of my favorite Doom wads of all time, and without a doubt, the absolute best one-man megawad ever made, bar none. Let's wait and see and hope for the best!

P.S. Does anyone have an estimate on when Scythe II will be released?

Share this post


Link to post
Grazza said:

Malker is "reklam" backwards. That's similar to the word for "advertisement" in several languages. Bizarre coincidence, I'm sure. BTW, it's a ten-level wad (E2M9 too).


I dod not choose that name for that reason. It is just a coincidence. Trust me.

Share this post


Link to post

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×