Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vomit

reason for machine demons

I could be bringing up an old fact, but its just an observation of mine. Do you think the reason for combining technology with the demons of hell is to show that technology is evil?

or does machine demons just look cool

It's to show that the demons stole our technology and used it to their advantage and our disadvantage.

I wonder if the demons could create a new generation video game....maybe thats why the game looks so good..id sold their souls!

Vomit said:

id sold their souls!

Exactly.

I personally didn't like the cybernetic additions to some of the monsters. For instance the Pinky Demon. I think it would have been just as cool without them if not cooler. I think of demons more as being organic creatures. Not cyborgs. Then again, I still think the Revenant is kind of cheesy, but it's easy to get over because it's the coolest looking skeleton monster I've ever seen :)

As for demons like the CyberDemon and the Arachnotron or the Spider Mastermind, I guess I've just become so use to them. I mean, there's not much a giant brain could do thats scary if it didn't have a chaingun or plasma gun mounted on their face :) As for the Cyberdemon...well, I just think he's awesome looking :D

Because it looks cool and fits the theme. How many games can you think of before Doom that combined fantasy and technology? Specifically demons and tech.

Amaster said:

Because it looks cool and fits the theme. How many games can you think of before Doom that combined fantasy and technology? Specifically demons and tech.

well the game: "Demons and Tech" did that. ok ok, but you got a winning title there. if you don't copyright that right now i am just gonna have to take it.

personaly i think it fit well with the game. i thought the new pinkie was cool, but a bit easy to kill

the lost souls are totaly sweet

Basically, the way I look at it is ... classic demons used to have hooves and wings and horns because those were the features from what was in the world at the time and that was what was familiar and combinations of which brought fear and hate to the people.

Futuristic demons are augmented with technology.

Sephiroth said:

i thought the new pinkie was cool

The new pinky is actually my favourite character in Doom 3. I just love the half machine/half monster design they gave him.

All of the enemies look awesome though imho.

Amaster said:

how about wolfenstein 3d.
trying to kill those phantom hitlers with a machine gun was tough.

DoomUK said:

The new pinky is actually my favourite character in Doom 3. I just love the half machine/half monster design they gave him.

Too bad he got the shaft in the gameplay department .. he hardly ever appears, is slow, and goes down after 3 shotgun blasts. zzz .. they could have atleast added a 'super pinky' that is faster and takes more of a pounding.

yea its too bad there werent more of them. in old doom you got to go knuckle to knuckle with groups of them. that was a lot of fun.
i liked the way the old pinkies growled at you too.

udderdude said:

Too bad he got the shaft in the gameplay department .. he hardly ever appears, is slow, and goes down after 3 shotgun blasts. zzz .. they could have atleast added a 'super pinky' that is faster and takes more of a pounding.

Slow?! I always had a hard time trying to get the hell away from them.

Same here, and once I had two of them come at me one in front one behind, almost killed me the bastards... maybe we just suck.

there really werent any times when id allowed monsters to explore or chase you around the environment, so the pinkys really couldnt work out

however, the *concept* of the pinky demon with the half machine legs and all that i thought was cool