Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Skippy

i made a model! (the doomguy)

Looks like early Playstation models right there. Not bad. Spend about another 2 or 3 times the time you've already spent on it and you'll prolly have Q3A quality. Don't stop there. =)

actualy, the poly count is a little high, cause of the hands, but thers a lot of places i can lower the count at, i just got bored so i added a few here and there, im gonna have fun skinning this bitch, wheeeee!

how so?

Sorry, I let somebody else use the forums for a few minutes. Nah, it looks OK, it'll look decent once you get some textures on it.

The textures needs some fixing ...

What textures ?
I think the model is kinda cool and it looks like it's from an old game called Little Big Adventure (that's a good thing because that game rules)

It looks like a great looking troop soldier to me :)

Sorry, I let somebody else use the forums for a few minutes. Nah, it looks OK, it'll look decent once you get some textures on it.

lol :-P

The textures needs some fixing ...

What textures ?
I think the model is kinda cool and it looks like it's from an old game called Little Big Adventure (that's a good thing because that game rules)

I'm not a techguy, but even I knew that those weren't textures. I was referring to the armor and the helmet, they're too shiny..

Not to bad of a model, but the guy's arms are buff, and he has more detail in his armor and other stuff

the hands should be bigger, a lot bigger infact, the legs could be a little longer but not a lot, just a tad, and the helm thing doesn't look like the one the doom guy wears. other then that it would look cool.

oh yeah, feet are a little small too.

I think that looks pretty good... well it could look pretty good, with a decent skin applied to it. You may want to make his legs a little longer, though, and make him look a bit more muscled overall.

Yeah, looks pretty decent, except for the baby hands. I would use more polygons on the boots and helmet.

It looks like something out of Quake 1...

Hell no. Quake's models had probably less than 1/10th of this guy's polycount. The Quakeguy has a box for a head, this one has some nice detail. Of course, fine detail can and should be suggested by the skin instead of the model itself.

For example, Quake2's player models are still pretty low on polys, but they look a lot better than the Quake 1 model because they've got more detail in the skin.