Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vomit

Coincidence, or the guys at id have excellent music taste

I noticed, the band logo for my favorite band Doom looks very similiar to the logo for the game doom. And the band Doom has been around since 1982, before the video game came out.

This is the bands logo. Maybe its just coincidence? Maybe i cant spell, either.

There does seem to be some parallels in the curvature of the logo. Have you noticed any parallels between the band music and the game bgm? :)

iD software either happened to like that band, or just liked the logo and decided to completely and utterly rip it off. I dunno. I didn't even know there was a band named "Doom".

I'd say this makes more sense in Classic Doom general.

I wouldnt be surprised if the id guys were "inspired" by the band logo.

There isnt any similarities between the bands music and the music in doom. Doom is a VERY underground band. They are whats called Crust Punk. Its punk thats heavy as shit. Often times mixed with grindcore. I would be really suprised if the guys at id actually knew this band. It is possible though. Its something we need to research and asked id abbout directly. I'll do it, just tell me who to e-mail

That logo sure looks badass to me. And those O's are so.. angular, like those in Doom's (game's) logo. Who knows.

You guys should really check out this band. If you want an MP3 of them, just e-mail me, or message me on AIM at InCrustWeRust

I should have a song uploaded to the net today though, so ill post a link

Sounds like they are like Oi Polloi, ive heard to them referred to as 'crust punk'. I always thought that meant punk-like music about really sick subjects (in the style of Anti-Nowhere League and The Macc Lads), but apparently it means something else

Nah, Oi Polloi was anarcho. Crust Punk started in 77 with amebix and disorder. Its very political and often times depressing. Crust Punks are called Hippies alot for their belief in peace and love, but you couldnt tell that from listening to the music. The vocals range from normal singing, to low pitched growling, to high piched screaming.

how old is the band and was that logo made after doom or before. maybe they took it off the game. or maybe just maybe great minds think alike

My dear Sephiroth, it is good manners always to read the first post of a thread before asking a question that has already been answered.

ive seen DooM before. They came out back in '99 with like a 30 track CD. only saw it on musicmatch, though.

Isn't there a WAD that uses that logo? It's not Gothic, but it's something in the same vein...

Vomit said:

You guys should really check out this band. If you want an MP3 of them, just e-mail me, or message me on AIM at InCrustWeRust

I should have a song uploaded to the net today though, so ill post a link

The song coming along nicely or what?