Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
SirBardCat

Doombuilder linedef tagging/zdoom

When I'm editing (doombuilder) for Zdoom (Doom in Hexen format), there is no field for tagging a linedef. when the linedef is highlighted, it will display the tag number, but when you go into linedef edit mode, theres is NO field for tagging the linedef. Seems to work fine when editing for other ports though. I'm using the latest version of Doombuilder. I've never had this kind of problem with previous versions.

Apparently argument1 is used as the tag for the specials which require it... man, I haven't done any ZDoom editing in ages. I'm confused.

maybe arg. 1 is used for tagging standard stuff... but boom linedef to linedef tags were always done using standard tagging...aghhh... i'll play around with this some more

I am quite sure it has remained the same for quite some time. Version 1.52 has the same deal. You select the linedef action first, and if it can be tagged to a sector, the first argument will be the one that does just that.

No, you are all wrong. This behaviour is by design and there is nothing wrong about it.

In Hexen format, not all linedef actions can be tagged to a sector. Some dont use tags, some use two, or maybe even three. You just have to select the right linedef action, then look at the 5 fields at the right what the description of each parameter is. That description will tell you what to put in there. For example, when it says "Sector Tag" then that linedef action needs to refer to one or multiple sectors, so you enter your sector tags in there.

SirBardCat said:

well, that sir, is mighty gay.

Well by all means sir, elaborate.

SirBardCat said:

well, that sir, is mighty gay.

I don't see how linedef tagging would be a needed thing for every line type anyhows. Any line-type that has a needed tag will always have an argument for which sector/line/thing tag is needed.

The hexen map format really adds alot more customization over the original Doom map format with the addition of arguments, thing tag/actions, and quite a lot of other neat things that are useful as hell.

lolz teh hexen format r homosexualz kekeke

/me fails to see the homosexuality of the matter.

Sounds pretty good imo. I wish I had had that when I was editing Legacy. Would have made my life alot easier.

heh, all i'm saying is that it's kind of teh ghey that i can't follow the same steps to make a switch open a door like i can in conventional doom editing. but i guess i'll hafto get used to that. or something. oh yeah, and why can't someone write an acs tutorial that doesn't requre that you be a college graduate majoring in complicatedstuffandstuff. the "legacy editing resource" fragglescript tutorial was awesome, i was scripting in the same day i read the tutorial. everyones like "omg rtfw". double yoo tee eff is wiki anyway. jeebus christus.

Motherfocking whiners. THIS is how you do it in Doom format, and THIS is how you do the same thing in Hexen format. (im not sure if the Movement Speed and Delay match the Doom door type, but that is irrelevant) Now go away.