Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Rotting Corpse

Old FPS.

I'm looking for a name to a old first person shooter. It takes place in a sky scraper. When you find the exit to a level its an elavtor to the next floor. When you die it shows a pic of some dude with long blond hair sitting down at a computer station.One of the guns you get is a flame thrower. Its 2d looks some what like doom.

I played it years ago. I started thing about it when i was playing doom last night. Any one else play this game?

Operation Bodycount?

Couldn't find any screens of it online...

Edit: DAMN YOU LIZARDCOMMANDO

I seem to remember one of the old Terminator games (Rampage I believe) was set in a skyscraper.

I'm pretty sure it wasent a Terminator game. One of the bad guys was a huge dude with a turban type thing on his head he had no shirt and used two pistols.

Edit: Nope its not Op:Body Count. Its more cartoonish. It looks like a crossbreed of doom and duke nukem 3d.

NiGHTMARE said:

I seem to remember one of the old Terminator games (Rampage I believe) was set in a skyscraper.

That was fun. Linear, but fun. Loved the SPAS.

Rotting Corpse said:

One of the bad guys was a huge dude with a turban type thing on his head he had no shirt and used two pistols.

?

Incidentally, did whoever made Operation: Body Count get permission from id to use the zombie/sargaent sprites as a base for some of their enemies in their game?

Revenant100 said:

?

Incidentally, did whoever made Operation: Body Count get permission from id to use the zombie/sargaent sprites as a base for some of their enemies in their game?

What makes you think that that sprite was used as a base?

Perhaps he's refering to another sprite. I remember there being dudes running around in suits with shotguns.

Heh, I had Operation: Bodycount. That game sucked ass because ninjas would pop out of fucking nowhere and scare the shit out of you, and every gun was either a submachine gun or a automatic rifle it seemed. It WAS the first game I remember having shootable glass though.

I played corridor 7 once. I've have never played it since, it scared the bejesus outta me...

Scuba Steve said:
So was Operation: Body Count the first counter terrorism game?

I guess, but there where also green blob monsters, large rats and some fat prick who came out of the roof.

Could it have been one made with Pie in The Sky? I remember playing two or three games that were made with that kit off of AOL back when I actually used that. The one where you got to kill Hitler was pretty good...

DJ_Haruko said:

Pie in The Sky

AUGH leave that beast to rot!! You're going to bring back horrid repressed memories of that awful Christmas FPS I played...

DJ_Haruko said:

Could it have been one made with Pie in The Sky? I remember playing two or three games that were made with that kit off of AOL back when I actually used that. The one where you got to kill Hitler was pretty good...

I don't think it's Industrial Killers, or Lethal Tender. The 3D GCS games don't have intermission screens. I myself have that old 3D GCS :P

It could be The Secret Fortress of Dr. Radiaki, I haven't played that game in almost 10 years (I do own it but lost the CD unfortunately)

Revenant100 said:

I mean this guy:
deathanim1.gif

That clearly is based off the id sprite. BTW, how did you get those sprites out of the game? From memory, Operation Bodycount could possibly provide some decent sprites for use in Doom. (Although, I only ever saw the demo version.)

Edit: N/M I noticed the bodycount palette in XWE.