Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
funduke

Looking for imp --> alien (from movie) -replacement

Hello!
I'm looking for a old add-on, that replaces the imp with an alien from the alien movies. It still looks a little bit like the doom-imp, but at the same time like a aline. The skin in grey/black instead of brown and the head has also the form of the movie-alien, but still the doom-imps face. Can any body tell me the author and a download link?
... Just in case: don't point me to some rip-off; i want the original add-on!

Thank you.

Greetings
Funduke

I think this is what you want.

EDIT: Nope! Here you go.

I always wondered why people thought the AvPvT patch was awful. I remembered playing that long ago, and I thought it was pretty cool for a sprite/sound/deh only thing! Totally changed the gameplay.

Well, it turns out what everyone was talking about was a mod actually called Aliens vs Predator vs Terminator, as opposed to Theme 1.7 (which is the one I remembered).

david_a said:

I think this is what you want.

EDIT: Nope! Here you go.

I always wondered why people thought the AvPvT patch was awful. I remembered playing that long ago, and I thought it was pretty cool for a sprite/sound/deh only thing! Totally changed the gameplay.

Well, it turns out what everyone was talking about was a mod actually called Aliens vs Predator vs Terminator, as opposed to Theme 1.7 (which is the one I remembered).

Thank you very much. Both of them have a replacement for the sergeant, that is close to the imp-replacement, that i am lookingn for. But the one that i'm looking for has indeed still the imps face. It has also wider shoulders and no tail.

Greetings
Funduke

I've never seen one that still has the imp face... That would look rather odd I would imagine; more like that idiotic creature at the end of Alien Resurrection than the good ol' xenomorph.

david_a said:

I've never seen one that still has the imp face... That would look rather odd I would imagine; more like that idiotic creature at the end of Alien Resurrection than the good ol' xenomorph.

It looks as cool and allright as the original imp. A little comic (not: comical) style is part of the special atmosphere of DooM I and II.
I agree that that creature at the end of AR was not cool: The movies have to look realistic.
By the Way: i'm just comming back from testing alienvsPredatorvsterminator in jdoom and it seems as if i found a new obsession.
Thanks again for the link.

But i'm still looking for that other thing.

Greetings
Funduke

The imp/alien thingy is in Cube, with the name "Biologically Enhanced Imp", cube can be found at...Rubiclaxes's site

funduke said:

It still looks a little bit like the doom-imp, but at the same time like a aline. The skin in grey/black instead of brown and the head has also the form of the movie-alien, but still the doom-imps face.

This might be what you're looking for: ADOOM2.ZIP

deathbringer said:

The imp/alien thingy is in Cube, with the name "Biologically Enhanced Imp", cube can be found at...Rubiclaxes's site

Indeed, that does seem to match his description:
http://rubilacxe2.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/bei.jpg

(The page is here, btw)

He doesn't seem to indicate where it's from, though. I guess he could have made it himself, but considering the amount of other stuff in the mod that was lifted from other places I kinda doubt it.

david_a said:

Indeed, that does seem to match his description:

(The page is here, btw)

He doesn't seem to indicate where it's from, though. I guess he could have made it himself, but considering the amount of other stuff in the mod that was lifted from other places I kinda doubt it.

Both of them have the pictures i am looking for.
Adoom is obviously the original source.
This is a very big step forward for me.
So many many thanks! To all of you.

Greetings
Funduke

The ADOOM2.zip was corrupted when I tried to download it and I didn't have Doom on my work machine anyway, so I couldn't have checked whether it was the real source.

You seem to have gotten what you wanted, anyway. Glad to be of some service.

If I recall correctly, this replacement was first used in STARDoom. You can search for it in iDgames I'm sure... I found my copy at the Doom Wad Station.

david_a said:

The ADOOM2.zip was corrupted when I tried to download it and I didn't have Doom on my work machine anyway, so I couldn't have checked whether it was the real source.

You seem to have gotten what you wanted, anyway. Glad to be of some service.

The link worked for me. Just try it again. And you can look at it witout having doom: the graphics are in gif-format. They are intended to be inserted into the iwad of doom I with dmgraph.
For those, who prefer the pwad-format: i have converted the stuff into pwad-format and uploaded it.
Get it here:
http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=12889

It works with doom I, doom2 and Final Doom.

Greetings
Funduke