Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
geekmarine

New shotgun (nice, but...)

Okay, I've seen the new shotgun, and it looks really nice. Playing Doom with it, it's hard to notice you have a new shotgun, which is a good thing. The only problem I have with it (besides looking almost exactly like the orginal, which once again brings up the legal issues) is that I noticed that in the firing animation frames, you can see a hand holding the barrel, but for some reason, in the normal frame, there is no hand holding the barrel. The problem is that it looks really weird, and it kind of gets on my nerves. I do love it, though, so don't take this the wrong way, I love that it is so much like the original in design.

I dont think ebola's shotgun should have been replaced, because we have no duplicate policy.

Even though I hated ebolas shotgun :)

Well, I think that if the general concensus is that the replacement is better, or nobody protests the new one, then the replacement should be used. As of yet, nobody has protested to anything that has already been done and replaced, and so I think we should just wait until a problem arises and deal with it then, if it ever comes to that. Besides, the new shotgun looks reallly nice, keep up the good work, fredrik. I really like the way the project is going, overall, with everybody just contributing what they can and forming a wonderful collage of talent throughout the Doom community. I think it's great that Freedoom (or whatever) not only is doing something great, but it's something that represents all of us in the Doom community, and our dedication and love of the game.

Well, I think that if the general concensus is that the replacement is better, or nobody protests the new one, then the replacement should be used.

Who's concensus? Who gets to decide? Who's opinions count?

As of yet, nobody has protested to anything that has already been done and replaced, and so I think we should just wait until a problem arises and deal with it then, if it ever comes to that.

There have been a few complaints from people who have had their resources replaced.

I think it's great that Freedoom (or whatever) not only is doing something great, but it's something that represents all of us in the Doom community, and our dedication and love of the game.

me too :)

As of yet, nobody has protested to anything that has already been done and replaced, and so I think we should just wait until a problem arises and deal with it then, if it ever comes to that.

There have been a few complaints from people who have had their resources replaced.

There's lots more to come, especially once we "fill up" with resources and start replacing stuff that sucks, rather than just filling holes.

Take this as an advanced warning, everyone will have had a few things dropped by the end. But everyone will have made a contribution, and that, and making the best TC possible, are what counts.

PS. fraggle, I hope you're keeping a good contributor list - not just people who have stuff in at the end, but everyone who made stuff along the way.

Okay, sorry about that, I don't know I was smoking when I said that. Seriously, on looking back, I can't imagine why I would ever say that. Oh well, once again, terribly sorry, I don't think quite right, and this is one of those instances where it causes me to say something incredibly stupid, right out in public. As for the concensus thing, I was thinking that maybe whenever a replacement was submitted, we could have a vote for which to keep. Maybe it could just be an impromptu poll right here in the forum or something, to avoid double-voters. It's probably a stupid idea, but as I already stated earlier, I've got some wires crossed in my brain, so it sounds absolutely brilliant to me.