Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
sargebaldy

world democracy decides U.S. presidential election!

Heh, nice idea for a website.

I think this will prove that the WWW is a great random number generator.

Bloodshedder said:

One thing I find interesting is that they omit all the other candidates...

that kind of bugged me as well, since personally I'm voting 3rd party.

This is funny. For one, people can choose any country that they want to pretend to be AND they can vote as many times as the want... Probably nothing but a bunch of brainwashed children who heard "bush is bad" from some pothead off MTV and now they think it's a reliable source :P I wouldn't take this poll very seriously..

sargebaldy said:

I'm voting 3rd party.

3rd? Me, I'm voting for the imaginary party. I've never felt strongly about real issues, and politics is pretty complex anyway. It is, by the way, not integral to the issue that my line of reasoning is rational. Admittedly, this post is lame.

S1lent said:

For one, people can choose any country that they want to pretend to be AND they can vote as many times as the want...

heh, I didn't notice the latter. Still I don't see how it would impact the vote all that much, since anyone can vote whichever way as many times as they want.

Also, note the figures for the USA to get an idea of how the sample here compares with the population at large.

sargebaldy said:

heh, I didn't notice the latter. Still I don't see how it would impact the vote all that much, since anyone can vote whichever way as many times as they want.

This won't impact anything at all. It's just another worthless poll that is only worth a laugh. This poll's gonna make about as much of an impact on the decision of an intelligent person as the online petition that Doom 3 not be released.

S1lent said:

It's just another worthless poll that is only worth a laugh.

This poll is less a "joke" and more a "what if". The number of people who voted on this website that are actually from another country is questionable, but the fact that the polls show that the "world" strongly favors John Kerry is damning. I mean, if Kerry supporters are cheating, why haven't Bush's supporters done the same? We should see about the same numbers if all the votes were illegitimate.

Uh, obviously it's a joke, and I don't see why any joke poll would make any difference on the election. Polls aren't even intended to make any difference on a election, just to give general information about it. I wouldn't say this even does a good job of that, considering that according to it 3/4 of Americans support Kerry.

I doubt it's "support for Kerry" but rather peoples personal vandettas against Bush for whatever reason they decide.

I mean, You could put a poll of Bush vs. a carrot or a pile of logs or a picture of the goatse man and it would end up the same fucking way.

gatewatcher said:

Wait, isn't this the official ballot?

Only to people who are too incompetent to realize all the flaws in the credibility of this "ballot."

It's a joke and nothing more. I'm not even going to get into why the Kerry supporters would have lied and the Bush supporters didn't. I don't see how that's a fault of the Bush supporters for being honest and the Kerry supporters not being honest.. but thats as far as I'll go.

*sigh*
S1lent: deal with it. the world dosn't like your preserdent. and they formed that opion based on what his govermenmt has done, and not because the democrats or anyone one else told them to. All you can do is decide weather or not that matters on election day.

Damn... what are the Congo and Niger so happy about? Didn't CNN have an unfortunate misspelling with the representative of Niger?

04'? So is this for the year 0417? Are you running against Justinian or something? :P

S1lent said:

Only to people who are too incompetent to realize all the flaws in the credibility of this "ballot."

Dude, take the stick out of your ass. This site is just meant for fun and interest for those who want to take a look. It's not trying to be persuasive in any way, nor is it isn't reflecting any one person's biased opinion. In the immortal words of MST3K, "you should really just relax."

Numbermind said:

Damn... what are the Congo and Niger so happy about? Didn't CNN have an unfortunate misspelling with the representative of Niger?

OMG! It was probably just lying republicans messing with the black vote again. Just this time they put it to their cause instead of disqualifying it altogether. Bush Sucks! Bush Sucks! Bush Sucks!

I reckon they should do a real opinion poll in other countries about the US presidency, they would be VERY suprised to find, of the people in the world who dont want the USA to be turned into a giant landfill, ALMOST NOBODY outside America likes Bush.

heh its true that if the world was voting I think you'd get 90% Kerry. I think republicans just scare a lot of foreigners, though it's usually an ignorant effect.

Quast said:

I doubt it's "support for Kerry" but rather peoples personal vandettas against Bush for whatever reason they decide.

I mean, You could put a poll of Bush vs. a carrot or a pile of logs or a picture of the goatse man and it would end up the same fucking way.

If I was an American and I had to vote between G.W. Bush and a carrot I'd vote for the carrot. At least it's incapable of making dumb decisions...

It's not Bush that I hate. He's just an asshole moron that probably couldn't even locate Denmark if his life depended on it. It's his administartion that I'm worried about. Cheney, Ashcroft, Rumsfeld. These guys all have track records. Very bad track records. I'm suprised they haven't fucked our country up more in the last 4 years.

Danarchy said:

I'm suprised they haven't fucked our country up more in the last 4 years.

uh then what are you scared about