Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
sargebaldy

world democracy decides U.S. presidential election!

Graf Zahl said:

For me he's just a modern day Hitler without the madness - which still is an extremely dangerous package.

especially as all he did was replace the madness with stupidity. Or perhaps that's giving him too much credit. If he is stupid, it's not really his fault. However, if he isn't stupid...

Numbermind said:

Well, yeah. That's the way it's done overseas. How many evil dictators has the United States been under, hmm? Hmm?

Other than the present one you mean?

Bush got a laugh at the latest debate when he scoffed at Kerry's contention that he had received $84 from "a timber company." Said Bush, "I own a timber company? That's news to me."

In fact, according to his 2003 financial disclosure form, Bush does own part interest in "LSTF, LLC", a limited-liability company organized "for the purpose of the production of trees for commercial sales."
So Bush was wrong to suggest that he doesn't have ownership of a timber company. And Kerry was correct in saying that Bush's definition of "small business" is so broad that Bush himself would have qualified as a "small business" in 2001 by virtue of the $84 in business income.

yeah, that's all well and good Fods, but..

he wouldn't have had the attention span to have finished reading your post there, thus you would have been in the wrong :)

im voting for kerry

one thing that bugs me tho is he doesnt have a very nice smile. bush's smile is so much more pleasing

I think that part of the debate showed how much of a jackass Bush was. That and the part when he attacked the moderator.

I read this which is a pretty good read about how Bush isn't a conservative in any respect I found from none other than http://www.johnkerryisadouchebagbutimvotingforhimanyway.com/

Sephiroth said:

i'll agree with you there. religion and corperate ties don't belong in government. however that really cant be changed. and it is a bit better than it was 100 years ago. i remeber watching a thing about two mine owners literaly buying their way into government

If that's about Grover Cleveland and the Federal Reserve bank, I read an article somewhere about that but I don't remember where it was.

Danarchy said:

I think that part of the debate showed how much of a jackass Bush was. That and the part when he attacked the moderator.

Heh, Bush is a troll. Can the mod ban him? :P

Sephiroth said:

i'll agree with you there. religion and corperate ties don't belong in government. however that really cant be changed. and it is a bit better than it was 100 years ago. i remeber watching a thing about two mine owners literaly buying their way into government

But 100 years ago, were they capable of doing the damage being done now?

Danarchy said:

Danarchy said:

I think it showed he had a sense of humor? He's human just like the rest of us.

Gokuma said:

But 100 years ago, were they capable of doing the damage being done now?

Yes, but not quite to the extent we have reached.

Ralphis: the president is not supposed to be a human, he is supposed to be a puppet.

Ralphis said:

He's human just like the rest of us.

I think 'walking turd' describes him better.

Ralphis said:

I think it showed he had a sense of humor? He's human just like the rest of us.

I didn't find that, or anythign else he laughed at in the last two debates to be amusing at all. In fact, I find it very creepy that he was chuckling at such important issues.

In debates George has a significant disadvantage. He's used to making a little joke while pandering to an audience of supporters and getting a roar of laughter. In a debate, you'll notice when he says something that he tries to make into a joke, he'll pause as if waiting for laughter and then recieves none because it's a debate and not a pep rally. A good example was Wed night when he made a joke about not trusting Popular News media sources, trying to play on the Dan Rather bumble knowing that the moderator also worked for CBS. The crowd was dead silent and his attempt at humor fell flat on it's face.

"You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test."

Danarchy said:

I didn't find that, or anythign else he laughed at in the last two debates to be amusing at all. In fact, I find it very creepy that he was chuckling at such important issues.

what? you din't find that? wouldn't the fact he *does* find something funny show that he has a sense of humor. Doesn't mean you and him have to laugh at the same jokes. Alhough his type of humor may be, well, inappropriate for debates or other public appearances.

me? i have a sense of humor. i was lolin' during the entire debate.

more bush quotes!
"personal rights are a consitutional right"

Scuba Steve said:

"You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test."

"You speak of how high our standards are for public schools, but rarely is the question asked, is our children learning?"

Quast said:

more bush quotes!
"personal rights are a consitutional right"

"There oughta be limits to freedom."

''I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believeā€”I believe what I believe is right."

Danarchy said:

It sounds like so many n00bs before us.

Noob: Blah blah blah random bullshit
Mod: You're time is up bitch!
Noob: Fuck you arghh shut up die who do you think you are get off the forum arghh die shut up
Mod: /bans

Well except for the last part :(

Oh damn. I'm sorry. I misquoted Bush there. What he really said is:

"There oughta be limits there oughta be limits to there oughta be limits to uh... to freedom...."