Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
sargebaldy

world democracy decides U.S. presidential election!

Ralphis said:

Oh and the fact that integrity repeated three times isn't three words, it's just one word repeated three times. He's said other stupid things that I don't really care to remember.

I think you missed his point. It's not an especially clever one either. All he is saying there is integrity is important. What he did with the way he phrased it was to set up his sentence so that it sounds like he is talking about 3 different words but he repeats the same word for effect - showing that integrity is very important, possibly 3 times as important as a typical single priority. The way he said it was quite intentional and places emphasis on integrity as a very important priority. It makes perfect sense in the context it was made.

The UK Prime Minister Tony Blair used the same device a number of years ago.

"ask me my three priorities... [they are] education, education, education."

Speaking as someone in education, my feeling is that his other priorities must have been pretty low seeing how education, education, education has been dealt with in the last few years.

And of course, they (Kerry and Blair) are possibly both jumping on Benjamin Disraeli's coat tails. Disraeli (one of the Victorian British Prime Ministers) famously said...

"There are three kinds of lies... lies, damned lies and statistics."

Although some people attribute that quote to Mark Twain. Twain certainly wrote it in an autobiography but Twain himself said he was quoting Disraeli.

Yeah, it's kind of like that old saying about the three keys to success: "location, location, location".

Scuba Steve said:

Goliath, yes or no will do...

1.) What instances do you feel show that the war in Iraq has been constructive?

2.) Do you propose taking the same actions against other nations we took against Iraq... particularly North Korea or Saudi Arabia?

3.) Do you think the United States military has the capacity to invade another nation like it did Iraq... while still maintaining its presence in Iraq, which is likely until at least 2006.

1. Well when I see Lexus dealerships and Mcdonalds in Iraq I feel that it is constructive. Basically when I see western civ. move in to the middle east, we win.

2. YESSSSS

3. NO

Grimm, you must support the draft then?

And how why is western influence proof that it's success? Shouldn't they have their OWN culture and not just be forced westen ideology?

Uh Scuba, obviously western culture is best because it's our culture and therefore the best. Please think before speaking next time.

Goliath said:

1. Well when I see Lexus dealerships and Mcdonalds in Iraq I feel that it is constructive. Basically when I see western civ. move in to the middle east, we win.

What!? Well I'll give you credit for one thing, your title doesn't lie.

Goliath said:

2. YESSSSS

What, and turn them into America too? Gee, I wonder how many countries will NOT be America after we're done following your strategy.

Goliath said:

3. NO

And yet you answered yes to #2... hmm.

Goliath said:

Holy crap, what the Hell is wrong with you? If someone bombed your church and localy-owned pizza eatery and replaced them with a Lexus dealer and a McDonalds, how would you feel?

Also, WTF would the Iraqis need with Lexuses? I don't think any of them could afford one.

Danarchy said:

Holy crap, what the Hell is wrong with you? If someone bombed your church and localy-owned pizza eatery and replaced them with a Lexus dealer and a McDonalds, how would you feel?

Also, WTF would the Iraqis need with Lexuses? I don't think any of them could afford one.

Danarchy said:

Of course some of them could, there's even more income disparity there than here. But I don't think on the whole it would be terrifyingly profitable.

Another poll at gamefaqs. This one disables multiple voting from the same ip address so it's more tamper resistent. Kerry still wins anyway. Of course there's still international votes while only American votes are allowed in the real election. I attribute Kerry's somewhat smaller margin of victory compared to the other poll due to gamefaqs being visited by more ignorant fucktards.

Goliath said:

1. Well when I see Lexus dealerships and Mcdonalds in Iraq I feel that it is constructive.

You're a piece of shit.

When I see any McDonald's I feel like beating the shit out of a stupid yuppie. I'm not joking.

MagnuM said:

hmmm...i sense some board flaming erupting...

/me breaks out the flame-resistant armor and kicks back with the popcorn

OMG popcorn flaming LOL
Welcome to FARK.

Gokuma said:

When I see any McDonald's I feel like beating the shit out of a stupid yuppie. I'm not joking.

Ah, someone has finaly put a finger on that feeling. Yes, yes. That's what it is. 'Scuse me, I'm off to California.