Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
david_a

Croc in Batman Doom

This one has always bugged me...

Back in the day I did quite a lot of stuff in Dehacked and I thought I knew everything there was to do with it. Then Batman Doom came out... I was absolutely mystified as to how in the world they got Croc to lift up rocks and throw them at you. I tried to investigate but I didn't really get anywhere or maybe I just didn't try hard enough. I could probably go back and try to find out now, but I'm too damn lazy.

So I'm just going to ask instead: How did they do that?!

It's an Archvile that while it resurrect the items placed as rocks, it make them disapear. The resurrecting animation ends with the action of fire a projectile that use the same sprites of that rocks. Scuba Steve used something like that in Action DOOM.

That's in*******. I was thinking it had something to do with 0 speed projectiles... How do people come up with these crazy ideas!?

EDIT: This spelling Nazi replacement crap doesn't even work right. Although "genius" is correct, "ingenius" is not a word.

dictionary.com

I havent even played batman doom and i worked it out. It uses archvile frames to 'ressurect' the rock, which flies at you and dies, the corpse remains on the ground waiting to be ressurected again

Wow, that is pure f****** genius. Actually, I was going to ask the same question myself, recently, but at least now I know. And knowing is half the battle.

Enjay said:

That's what I typed, hence why I was moaning about it. The Illuminati must have fixed the replacement stuff since then. If you'll notice, even the URL in my link to dictionary.com got "censored" or whatever (it linked to the same page as the one you wrote).